Trustworthiness of "home" feature

2002 ..... you do realise that after 2002 - that funding of GPS overall was cut dramatically ?

That the GPS system is actually well behind on its 'upkeep' schedule, let alone its update and replacement schedule ? It was made public much against USAF and USA Govt pressure that sat fails were outnumbering replacements ! That replacements that should have been launched significant time before were still NOT launched ? That the USA Govt had to go cap in hand to other Launch Agencies ?

That one of the reasons is that USA required all other SatNav providers to sign a g'teed declaration of shut-down if USA required it ? That this was rejected ? Sorry I will rephrase that ... Diplomatically placed in the "being considered tray'.

Dredging up old reports lends itself to having other old reports resurrected as well.

But leaving aside 'area 51' style archives. DJI uses commercial based GPS / Glonass which in no way has any connection with augmentation systems nor lasers nor differential ... It is purely a Consumer GPS unit working same as my various other units in FPV / Yacht / Car / Phone etc. Benefiting from the switching of the SA ...

Nigel

2002 ..... you do realise that after 2002 - that funding of GPS overall was cut dramatically ?

That the GPS system is actually well behind on its 'upkeep' schedule, let alone its update and replacement schedule ? It was made public much against USAF and USA Govt pressure that sat fails were outnumbering replacements ! That replacements that should have been launched significant time before were still NOT launched ? That the USA Govt had to go cap in hand to other Launch Agencies ?

That one of the reasons is that USA required all other SatNav providers to sign a g'teed declaration of shut-down if USA required it ? That this was rejected ? Sorry I will rephrase that ... Diplomatically placed in the "being considered tray'.

Dredging up old reports lends itself to having other old reports resurrected as well.

But leaving aside 'area 51' style archives. DJI uses commercial based GPS / Glonass which in no way has any connection with augmentation systems nor lasers nor differential ... It is purely a Consumer GPS unit working same as my various other units in FPV / Yacht / Car / Phone etc. Benefiting from the switching of the SA ...

Nigel

Yes, 15 years ago they were able to get 1 cm accuracy with differential GPS using phase tracking. Perhaps you did not look at the second reference, it has 2016 references.

Of course it does not apply to DJI drones and we should end the discussion on this forum. I was just commenting on your statement that mm accuracy with GPS is impossible. It is possible and being done routinely. By the way, this work was funded by NASA whose budget has not been cut drastically.

Paul

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94