Trackimo installed

Reaction score
After reading the experiences of another member here with the Trackimo GPS locator I went ahead and purchased one for my Phantom. Seems to work very well and is very accurate. I was able to conveniently mount it on the bottom of the Quad. All in all I love the peace of mind of having a separate stand alone tracker in case of a fly away.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    876.6 KB · Views: 1,473
Reactions: Matthewd5
Dead simple, turn it on, go to the web site and plug in the serial number...

John

Wow..I have had trouble with my tk102 so I sent it back and ordered another one..I also ordered a rf-v16 since I activated a sim card with a t n t . It's 20 dollars a month ..I've seen the tracimo and thought it would be a good one..might end up trying one.. what's the monthly charges with the tracimo??

1st year free, $5 a month after that.

John W

Coloradoscot said:
1st year free, $5 a month after that.

John W

And I just received my rf-V16 today! But, I really like it. I hope I can find a cheaper rate as I need another for Mom.

I love my Trackimo.

When I'm not flying, I tuck it into my 8 y/o's backpack. Gives a little peace of mind where I can pop open the website at work and see where she (her backpack, at least) is during the day, as she moves around from class to class. It's accurate enough that I can tell what room of the school she is in by the location on the map. (i.e. Now's the time she should be in the art room...and sure enough, the tracker shows her in the art room)

I figure why not...beats the tracker just sitting in the house doing nothing all week when I'm not flying.

Reactions: StumbleBee
I got mine last night and may be sending it back. Half the time I try to update location it can't find it. It then bases the track on cell which has been about a block away. I have it just outside a south facing window. Going to take it to work and see how it tracks.

turbodronepilot said:
Wow..I have had trouble with my tk102 so I sent it back and ordered another one..I also ordered a rf-v16 since I activated a sim card with a t n t . It's 20 dollars a month ..I've seen the tracimo and thought it would be a good one..might end up trying one.. what's the monthly charges with the tracimo??

Why are you paying $20/month for tracking --- when you can get real-time continuous GPS tracking on Google Maps with the Flytrex Live 3G device?

BTW, you can buy an H2O Wireless SIM to use with Flytrex Live and it only costs $20 for 90 DAYS of data !! :p

Thanks for posting. Might have to splurge on one of these.

MadMitch88 said:
turbodronepilot said:

Why are you paying $20/month for tracking --- when you can get real-time continuous GPS tracking on Google Maps with the Flytrex Live 3G device?

BTW, you can buy an H2O Wireless SIM to use with Flytrex Live and it only costs $20 for 90 DAYS of data !! :p
I live up in the hills and a t n t and Verizon are the only carrier's that service works up here..I'm saving up for a flytrex 3d ...

PhantomPhreak,

Give it a day...mine took almost two or three hours after first activating it before it caught on. It was only reporting cell phone location data during that time, but a few hours later it zeroed in on the satellites...and has been accurate up to the minute ever since.

Cool i just ordered on of them Trackimos today to see if its any better then the POS pocket finder i had. Which never worked all to well in the first place then after a small crash it stopped working right after then internal cell antenna it uses to send the data broke off and I was able to open it and reattach the antenna but its still really crappy and only updates when i'm right at my house and even when I take it on trips to see if it works the pocket finder will usually not locate its self. So I'm hoping the Trackimo at least works better then the pocket finder. I'm hoping it will being its got a quad band radio in it and the pocket finder only as single old 2g band radio in it which is what old pagers used and most net works dont even support it any more. at least the Trackimo should be able to communicate its location. I also like that the battery can be taken out being the pocket finders battery's are notorious for crapping out after not much use. I also like the price of the Trackimo I picked it up off amazon for $49 with a free year of service. Which at $5 a month is worth more then i bought the Trackimo for. and its a lot cheaper then the $12 pocket finder charges. Tho I did find out how to only pay for one month of the pocket finder and get free servis after that.

Tackimo just changed there dash board web interface and changed the game. Now under the manage subscription tab They took away the ability to suspend your subscription so that you dont use up your 12 fee months when you are not using it. and now they also want to charge a few bucks a month if you need more then 30 sms messages per month.

After reading the experiences of another member here with the Trackimo GPS locator I went ahead and purchased one for my Phantom. Seems to work very well and is very accurate. I was able to conveniently mount it on the bottom of the Quad. All in all I love the peace of mind of having a separate stand alone tracker in case of a fly away.

Thank you for the tip, it never dawned on me to put it there...

Did you use the supplied Velcro or industrial strength?

Hate to track it down only to find it by itself!

Matthew

Be sure to tether it. I used Velcro on gimbal guard and tethered with tie to back leg. Www.gimbal-guard.com makes a carrier as well.

Did you just use the zip tie around the GPS case? I wish it had a small passthru hole for a small zip tie

I'm thinking industrial Velcro plus a wrap of some zip ties

My only concern with this item is that mine never lights up so I can't ever tell if it's on

Am I missing something?

Matthew

Did you just use the zip tie around the GPS case? I wish it had a small passthru hole for a small zip tie

I'm thinking industrial Velcro plus a wrap of some zip ties

My only concern with this item is that mine never lights up so I can't ever tell if it's on

Am I missing something?

Matthew
Here is my set up. Sitting on Velcro. Loose zip tie so it holds but also so I can remove. Tethered to back leg. When you get to the field, turn it on. Open the Trackimo app and make sure it is on and has your location. Make that a part of your pre flight checklist and you'll be fine. Best of luck. www.gimbal-guard.com also makes a holder for Trackimo. I've ordered a while back but takes a while as it ships from Israel.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 588

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl