Trackimo installed

I love my Trackimo.

When I'm not flying, I tuck it into my 8 y/o's backpack. Gives a little peace of mind where I can pop open the website at work and see where she (her backpack, at least) is during the day, as she moves around from class to class. It's accurate enough that I can tell what room of the school she is in by the location on the map. (i.e. Now's the time she should be in the art room...and sure enough, the tracker shows her in the art room)

I figure why not...beats the tracker just sitting in the house doing nothing all week when I'm not flying.
this is exactly why I got mine. I put it in my childs pocket when we go to crowded places. I also have the trackimo app. I've had to use it one time on a long run with my phantom to make sure it was coming back to me after I lost contact. Set the updates to one minute.

this is exactly why I got mine. I put it in my childs pocket when we go to crowded places. I also have the trackimo app. I've had to use it one time on a long run with my phantom to make sure it was coming back to me after I lost contact. Set the updates to one minute.
Good idea about putting in child's pocket.

I live up in the hills and a t n t and Verizon are the only carrier's that service works up here..I'm saving up for a flytrex 3d ...

BTW: The H2O service mentioned above uses a t n t towers/cellsites. They don't have their own towers in the US but have an agreement setup to use existing GSM towers/service. Half the time my H2O card shows up as a Cingular service connection. And of course it's a prepaid card so if you aren't using it you aren't paying for it. I've been using it with some TK102 units and alternately as an emergency backup phone line when needed. Just clarifying...

Why are you paying $20/month for tracking --- when you can get real-time continuous GPS tracking on Google Maps with the Flytrex Live 3G device?

BTW, you can buy an H2O Wireless SIM to use with Flytrex Live and it only costs $20 for 90 DAYS of data !! :p
Go away from Flytrex and this **** company! They have the worst after sales support in the world.

I got mine last night and may be sending it back. Half the time I try to update location it can't find it. It then bases the track on cell which has been about a block away. I have it just outside a south facing window. Going to take it to work and see how it tracks.
Even though it is outside, you may have the window screen partially shielding it and/or the eves of the roof don't give it direct sky view.
GPS is very picky on line of sight.
Try setting the Trackimo on a chair in your yard. I know mine, when inside, jumps all over the place but when I place it outside, it is solid.
Just a thought....

After reading the experiences of another member here with the Trackimo GPS locator I went ahead and purchased one for my Phantom. Seems to work very well and is very accurate. I was able to conveniently mount it on the bottom of the Quad. All in all I love the peace of mind of having a separate stand alone tracker in case of a fly away.
also had the same good experience here for using Trackimo's device, especially their 3G one.

trackimo really is a working miracle it has great coverage and great service! I really love trackimo.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20