Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Tracker for Phantom 3

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by Broni, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Broni

Hi everyone
    I just bought a P3S and after reading through a few threads on this forum I'm thinking about getting a tracker for it. What do you guys recommend? Thanks

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

I'm using a Trackimo and like the quality and ease of use. If you need a tracker that does not require a cellular connection, then check out the Marco Polo. You can find a list of other commonly used trackers here.

Techcop50 likes this.
  3. Broni

Thanks so much

4. Broni

Just another question, I see a few people recommend getting a lens cover as it doesn't come with one. Is the clear cover that came on the lens not a cover?

5. msinger

Approved Vendor

The P3S comes with a lens cap, but you're most likely not going to like it. It fits too tightly -- making it tough to remove and put back on. I use this lens cap on my P3S (and other Phantoms). It's soft, flexible, and easy to use.

Broni likes this.
  6. RodPad

Check this thread.
    Anyone Using Trackers

Trackimo, Failed but Finally Worked,
    Missing - One Phantom 3 Standard

7. Techcop50

8. The Suburban Hippie

9. Techcop50

That's pretty interesting, but it sounds almost useless if it loses GPS (over a football field?). I fly over the woods a lot, I can get my location narrowed down with DJI Go (if not a flyaway). That cheap one I posted above is just a signal transmitter with a directional receiver. Rather simple, but more suited for me, I believe. Plus, like Marco Polo, no monthly fees.

10. Alan Russel

I only just ordered a tracker for my new P3P, ( Reachfar RF-V16 GPS Tracker) should be ideal!

11. FIVE O

Hello Everyone,

My first post on this site. Very interesting site with a lot of Info...I just bought 8 tile units to use on my keychains and what quads that I'm flying. This unit is about 1" X 1" in size with a key-ring hole at one corner of the unit. You do use your smart phone to list and track the items you have them attached to. There's a lot of info on this item so, Here is the site URL for the TiLE tracking/locating system.

FIVE O

Tile - Never Lose Keys, Wallet Or Anything Again - Free Shipping - | Tile - Never Lose Your Keys, Wallet Or Anything Again

12. JamesO

I've wondered about using a Tile. I'd love to hear how it works for you!

13. RodPad

Tile is similar to TrackR, I have 3 TrackR's. The Bluetooth connection is about 100' max. The P2V+ a lost I believe is old growth timber, at least 150' up. It might have helped me find it, I don't know. I do wish I would have had something on it. The TrackR you can replace the battery. I would not depend on it for finding a lost phantom.