Anyone Using Trackers

dirkclod

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone with a Standard was using a tracker . I always have on my P2's and have one on this also . The flight log is great but did have one flight where I lost my app and only had the trip out logged . If it had went down I might have had a bugger finding it .
I have mine here IMG_1593.JPG IMG_3787.JPG
One never knows and I had rather be safe than sorry .
Was just wondering :)

Reactions: J Dot
Standard or not, these things can fly for a long time if things go south and they decide to fly away. A tracker is a great investment.

Reactions: J Dot and dirkclod
I use trackers,
Cheap insurance plan!
But I don't worry about losing my bird, cause when mine gets into trouble, it just crashes at my feet!:rolleyes:
I just gather the parts and fly again!:cool:
I'm smooth like that!

J Dot
Take care, fly SAFE!:)

Reactions: dirkclod
I use trackers,
I just gather the parts and fly again!:cool:
I'm smooth like that!

J Dot
Take care, fly SAFE!:)
That's the way we've always rolled bro ....smooth ;)

Reactions: J Dot
I use the Flytrex Live. It's a bit more expensive but the flight data is recorded on their servers. It would be pretty difficult for me to lose my Phantom since it starts as soon as the aircraft is powered up.

I use A Trackimo, but unfortunately I have not had good results with it. It only seems to track at longer distances (over 1 mile) maybe mine is broken, so I have a support ticket in, but have had no word for over 2 weeks. I am looking for another option, as life is too short to mess with this. I will be looking at the Flytrex Live next.
I know I feel better having something vs nothing.

Marco Polo, No monthly fee, No cellular, lost my P2V+ in the woods.
Fly in many areas of no cellular signals.

My Trackimo works but is accurate within about 100ft. So it gives you a general idea of where to look for your UAV but not a pinpoint location

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: johnp44 and Perus
I use the same tracker.... Just purchased it last week.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1446570689933.jpg
    FB_IMG_1446570689933.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 537
I've been using the Loc8tor and it works well despite it's limited in range but if you see about where your bird falls it can save the day.
I chose the Loc8tor and I'm looking at the Marco Polo as an upgrade because I fly in no phone zones a lot.
I will leave the Loc8tor tags in place though because they do work so well within their range,directionaly I mean.They are very good at determining the direction very accurately.

Reactions: Perus and dirkclod
I've been using the Loc8tor and it works well despite it's limited in range but if you see about where your bird falls it can save the day.
I chose the Loc8tor and I'm looking at the Marco Polo as an upgrade because I fly in no phone zones a lot.
I will leave the Loc8tor tags in place though because they do work so well within their range,directionaly I mean.They are very good at determining the direction very accurately.
I just checked the loc8tor website and it shows a new model was to be release at the end of November:

Attachments

• Loc8tor.png
    Loc8tor.png
    98.3 KB · Views: 414
Marco Polo, No monthly fee, No cellular, lost my P2V+ in the woods.
Fly in many areas of no cellular signals.
Hi,
I was considering the Marco Polo. Did you find your P2V with it? Was it easy to use? How far away was it? How close to it did the Marco Polo take you? (did it take you right up to it)

Your input would be appreciated.
Scott

Was wondering if anyone with a Standard was using a tracker . I always have on my P2's and have one on this also . The flight log is great but did have one flight where I lost my app and only had the trip out logged . If it had went down I might have had a bugger finding it .
I have mine here View attachment 34960 View attachment 34961
One never knows and I had rather be safe than sorry .
Was just wondering :)

How well does it work for you, Dirk? Does it pick up satellites pretty quickly and return the location accurately? I'm thinking about getting one. Just tried a TK102 but it never returned the latitude and longitude; they are just blank in the text message. I might have a defective unit.

That one I used for awhile and getting it started right was a pain but it was dead on . This one is the same almost as that one
but has the internal battery . I always call it before I go on a run just to check it and has so far been spot on .
I can call it and in a few minutes it text me back the #'s and map .

Reactions: mandalay
Thanks for the quick response and feedback. Do you know if it is a 2G-only device? I'm afraid it will no longer work after 2G network shutdown starting Jan 2017. I plan to use H2O wireless, which is using AT&T towers.

Thanks for the quick response and feedback. Do you know if it is a 2G-only device? I'm afraid it will no longer work after 2G network shutdown starting Jan 2017. I plan to use H2O wireless, which is using AT&T towers.
I haven't read up on that but I have my sim card through AT&T along with my other stuff . I got mine through Amazon and would have to go back and read .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.