Top speed

Reaction score
Hi,

Is there a way to increase the top speed of the Vision?

All the suggests are accepted.

Thanks.

I'll avoid asking the obvious "why?"...

If you want the fastest it can technically get without messing with different motors or whatever you'll need to fly it in fully manual mode. Wind speed is a key component. According to my Flytrex readouts I've had it going along at a smidge under 60mph with a tailwind, and that was in GPS mode.

There comes a point though where you can't tip it over any more without losing lift so there is a limit to how much lateral thrust you can generate and therefore your top speed. Plus of course the faster you go, the more quickly you need to turn it around and bring it back...

Taking the camera and gimbal off will probably squeeze a bit more out of it due to reducing the wind resistance.

Who are you, Ricky Bobby? :D Had mine @ 48 mph down wind about 5 mins ago. Listen to pull aka the voice of reason.

Pull_Up said:
I'll avoid asking the obvious "why?"...

In GPS mode with tail wind and descending I got 28 m/s.

But I need some more top speed 'cause need to film powerboats at open sea, while cruising.

Should it be possible, even changing motors, changing settings or whatever I'd made.

If not, I buy another quad. I'm looking the TBS Discovery Pro, but before purchasing, wanna do all the possible to improve PV top speed.

You may well be better off with another platform. If you have a look at the Flytrex speed tables here: http://www.flytrex.com/challenges/speed/ the top spots are all held by stripped down Flamewheel types or TBS Disco's. Even then they aren't obliterating your speed. You're going to be limited on the motors you can put in to the Vision by the size of the shell opening and the rating of the stock ESCs so it may be a purpose-built stripped down speed machine is your way forward.

You can always mount a couple edf's on the side of it. That could be interesting lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl