Toddler Snatched by Gator at Disney

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
So first let me say my heart goes out to those poor parents who went to disney for a great time and instead had their lives altered in a horrible way. So sad.

I am curious however of all the aerial news coverage... there is a permanent NFZ over all Disneys property. How are they getting these images?

wptv-search-for-child-gator-attack1_1465995690471_40323444_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

disney-world-alligator.jpg

160615005241-disney-world-alligator-child-florida-live-savidge-00001126-large-169.jpg

News choppers. They (and Orlando SO of course) have been out there since last night. And were back at 2am this morning, per guests at the hotels. They have a block altitude they must fly to stay out of the way. But those cameras zoom in pretty good. I too feel for the family. The outcome doesn't look too good.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The first one could be via Law Enforcement or other Official source.

The last two from adjacent structures.

So first let me say my heart goes out to those poor parents who went to disney for a great time and instead had their lives altered in a horrible way. So sad.

I am curious however of all the aerial news coverage... there is a permanent NFZ over all Disneys property. How are they getting these images?

wptv-search-for-child-gator-attack1_1465995690471_40323444_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

disney-world-alligator.jpg

160615005241-disney-world-alligator-child-florida-live-savidge-00001126-large-169.jpg
they get special permission for it yes its sad go to Disney all the time just never could figure out why they don't round up gators around resorts yes around Disney is all swap but can due a better job at protecting the public

The first one could be via Law Enforcement or other Official source.

The last two from adjacent structures.
There are others like the second two but from the water side (to big to post), so I assume they are from AC.

There are others like the second two but from the water side (to big to post), so I assume they are from AC.

Fair enough.

great thing about florida go swimming in lake gator attack or swim in ocean shark attack / I have a 10 foot gator that follows me every week when mowing which tells me someone is feeding it cause its not afraid of anything

great thing about florida go swimming in lake gator attack or swim in ocean shark attack / I have a 10 foot gator that follows me every week when mowing which tells me someone is feeding it cause its not afraid of anything
Do you see a lot of missing dog/cat posters in your neighborhood? :eek:
My 4lb Chihuahua would be like a snack for a 10' gator! :confused:

Yeah, I live in north Florida and have one in my pond. He's only about 3 foot, but he's a sneaky critter. [emoji102]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

My 4lb Chihuahua would be like a snack for a 10' gator! :confused:

Not worth the effort (calories burned v. gained).

Just kidding!

weird thing is people go swimming in lake tarpon and there is a crocodile they found in there was 12 footer plus a lot of gators just sitting on the banks of lake

plus they are fast cant out run one have to zig zag so they cant catch you

Sad to hear about the kid.

I was at Brazos Bend State Park, which is southwest of Houston, during Spring Break this year. I used to fish there back in the late '80s/early '90s, and large alligators would be sunning themselves on the bank several feet away. I would see them swimming and slinking in and out of the water, but I had never seen them cruising on land.

The day were were there, my family and I were walking along the trail next to one of their large ponds when we saw a dinosaur cruising from the woods side and across the path to the pond. He was huge, and he looked even larger since his he was standing high on his legs and his tail was sticking straight back. No more fishing that close to them ever again!

upload_2016-6-15_16-12-13.png

TFRs can be flown in with special permission e.g. military, news, police, etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl