Titan Conquer Antenna. Distance flight!

Nice! Thanks for the photo. Looks like a well built system. I noticed the antennas are just about out of the picture. Do you have a view of just the antennas? They might be traces on a circuit board or they may be enclosed in plastic or other non conductive medium. It is always interesting to see how they lay those out for the most gain. Usually are co-phased with other parts of the circuit to get the most. Thanks again for that picture!
Jim
WA5TEF

fc4ab7910328f870372c813e6fa5f759.jpg

One way flight. Turned around at 15k with 64% battery.....made it back at 28%. Time for a battery mod!
Nice skin for the transmitter can I ask where you got it.

Nice! Thanks for the photo. Looks like a well built system. I noticed the antennas are just about out of the picture. Do you have a view of just the antennas? They might be traces on a circuit board or they may be enclosed in plastic or other non conductive medium. It is always interesting to see how they lay those out for the most gain. Usually are co-phased with other parts of the circuit to get the most. Thanks again for that picture!
Jim
WA5TEF
Jim, The antennas are just two squares with silver foil on the backs of them with the two wires going in. You can't see any type if circuitry.

Sptbkrydet , ok good deal. Yeah, they may not want anyone peeking inside. I sure would like to know their theory of operation. Looks like there are two amplifiers, one for each antenna. I wonder if they are timed to keep one from interfering with the other? I'd really like to see a schematic of that!!

Thanks again for all that information and pictures. Keep us advised of your distant records!

Jim
WA5TEF

Sptbkrydet , ok good deal. Yeah, they may not want anyone peeking inside. I sure would like to know their theory of operation. Looks like there are two amplifiers, one for each antenna. I wonder if they are timed to keep one from interfering with the other? I'd really like to see a schematic of that!!

Thanks again for all that information and pictures. Keep us advised of your distant records!

Jim
WA5TEF
You trying to build your own???

No, that's a little over my head!!! But, I do have several wifi 2.4 GHz dishes that measure about 18 x 24 inches and built out of what looks like BBQ grill grates. I use them in my wireless internet business for more distant customers. I think they have about 18 dbi gain and a great front to back ratio. If I could mount one horizontal and another vertical on the same mount, I should be able to get 5 miles or more with a Phantom. But then, I'd run out of battery way before the signal dropped out. Just an idea to think about, might get arouind to building something but not just yet.

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Just flew the other day with mine, similar results. 14,000' returned with 30%. I was able to video the Hokulea canoe returning from it's around the world voyage. They had a no fly zone at the harbor but I was able to catch it as it left it's mooring in the bay in front of my residence.

Did you pay them to do your controller mod?

I have their range extender and am not getting very good results with it and about the last thing it could be short of a faulty range extender is a screwed up controller mod I guess, but am trying to figure it out before spending even more $$$ and sending it in.

I have their range extender and am not getting very good results with it and about the last thing it could be short of a faulty range extender is a screwed up controller mod I guess, but am trying to figure it out before spending even more $$$ and sending it in.
What kind of range are you seeing with it?

They have written back to you on the other thread, asking why you are not responding to their emails. Perhaps its just a lack of coordination in contacting each other, why dont you call them instead ? Or if you dont want to pay for the call, ask them to call you.

Initial Titan Conquer range extender review :-\
Initial Titan Conquer range extender review :-\

They sent me new antenna that drastically increased their old antenna range but then they've stopped responding to my inquiries and emails.

Just call them. They always answer. I called the night mine came in the mail and someone answered and helped me with an install question. It was like 9pm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka