Throttle Issue After firmware udpate

Mode 2 is the standard mode with the throttle on the left stick. You can hover over the Mode label in RC software and it will show you what each Mode settings look for both Mode 1 and Mode 2.

Has anyone found documentation or somewhere it tells you what the purpose of mode 1 & mode 2 are for. Having the wrong mode totally screwed me out of 12 hours of troubleshooting trying to figure out why my RC led went to green and I could no longer start the motors. I know if you chose the wrong one your throttle speed an another stick get's switched which cause you not to be able to start your motors. binding the phantom to the rc doesn't work right either. The RC power light being green all the time is definitely an indicator something bad has happened to the setup.

If you Google it you'll find many articles like this one from Spektrum:

"The Mode II configuration is very similar to the layout in a full-size airplane. The “stick” controls the Aileron and Elevator functions. Rudder is controlled by the “rudder pedals” and the Throttle is controlled with the pilot’s left hand on the side of the cockpit. A Mode II RC transmitter controls the aileron (roll) and elevator (pitch) with the right hand, while the rudder (yaw) and throttle are controlled by the pilot’s left hand.

Mode I moves the throttle function to the right stick and the elevator control to the left stick. This separates the primary controls so that there is less accidental “mix” when moving one control or the other, as is common with Mode II. The Mode I pilot will be controlling the throttle and aileron with his right hand. The rudder and elevator will be controlled by the left hand."

There are also Modes III & IV on some systems.

N017RW said:
If you Google it you'll find many articles like this one from Spektrum:

"The Mode II configuration is very similar to the layout in a full-size airplane. The “stick” controls the Aileron and Elevator functions. Rudder is controlled by the “rudder pedals” and the Throttle is controlled with the pilot’s left hand on the side of the cockpit. A Mode II RC transmitter controls the aileron (roll) and elevator (pitch) with the right hand, while the rudder (yaw) and throttle are controlled by the pilot’s left hand.

Mode I moves the throttle function to the right stick and the elevator control to the left stick. This separates the primary controls so that there is less accidental “mix” when moving one control or the other, as is common with Mode II. The Mode I pilot will be controlling the throttle and aileron with his right hand. The rudder and elevator will be controlled by the left hand."

Yep. When I first started flying RC models (back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth) almost everyone in the UK flew mode 1, while the standard in the US was mode 2. These days, though, mode 2 completely dominates - I don't think I know anyone who still flies mode 1.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl