Thoughts on DSLR Phantom 2 kit

We should try and organize a get together in the next month or two. I'd like to have a little time to learn to fly before I make a fool of myself publicly.

pault said:
Are there choices when it comes to cameras or is one forced to use the Gopro ?

This is the part I find odd. At the top end these kits are expensive, but as far as I can tell, there is no route to higher quality imaging than the GoPro 3. Maybe it's the prices or the kit names or that the supplier is called DSLR Pros, but I thought it ironic that at more than $4K it's still a GoPro. It says something about the technical difficulty of making FPV with a better camera.

To the best of my knowledge, the only off-the-shelf solution for FPV and camera control with a significantly better camera is the Dronexpert kit using the Sony RX100. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.

FRS said:
I am waiting on my Sundance dslrpros setup to be delivered. I ordered it on the 9th so I am really hoping it will come in before the 1st of the month.. Does anyone have any personal experiences with Dslrpros.com? I ordered the datalink upgrade with install so I am hoping they do a smooth install. If you want to hold out a few more weeks I will tell you personally how the setup is. Cant wait for the UPS guy to show up.. feels like im a kid again.

i ordered a DSLRPros Sundance kit on 3/22/14.... I'm in Colorado and am expecting mine to arrive in the nedt week!. let me know how you like it. lets make some comparisons ! :shock:

Will someone do an unboxing/review of the Sundance kit when you get it from DSLR PROS?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FRS said:
I am waiting on my Sundance dslrpros setup to be delivered. I ordered it on the 9th so I am really hoping it will come in before the 1st of the month.. Does anyone have any personal experiences with Dslrpros.com? I ordered the datalink upgrade with install so I am hoping they do a smooth install. If you want to hold out a few more weeks I will tell you personally how the setup is. Cant wait for the UPS guy to show up.. feels like im a kid again.

FRS, I ordered my Sundance Kit on March 26. They are waiting for shipment of more Zenmuse H3-3D gimbals. I spoke to Derek as DSLRPros this morning and he says DJI is slow in shipping new gimbal, but the wait is well worth it for the much higher quality stabilized video that the 3axis gimbal provides. I'm hoping to take delivery next week.

Brent Headberg
HarborViewPhotos.com
West Palm Beach, FL

Ordered my Sundance Kit from DSLRPros on 3/22... just got the email from UPS that says its in the mail and on the way to Colorado! Cant wait to see the world through the amazing Long Range HD FPV System!

Does the Futaba TX come setup with flight profiles of any kind???? do they do a Test after the build to guarantee the product was assembled correctly and if so wouldn't that mean calibrating and setting up the Futaba???
:shock:

I believe that is parts of it, they also offer to email the transmitter config files

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talked to sales today.. They are expecting 130 new gimbals on Mon /Tues. They hope to ship orders from 3/23 within 2 weeks I was told.
The Futaba TX that come with their kits have the P2 profile set up and all of their units sold are test flown prior to shipping.

We took delivery this past Wednesday from DSLRPros. Everything is what they said it would be. We have flown our new Phantom Sundance Cinema Kit several times and just learning about all the different flight modes. Last night I configured the Phantom for IOC with the DJI Phantom 2 Assistant Software 3.0 and a quick test flight with Home Lock and Course Lock verified the custom settings.

We can't believe how easy the Phantom is to fly and control. Our first GoPro video is now posted on YouTube and the stability is incredible with the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal. It was definitely worth the wait.

http://youtu.be/cRl72wWw_MU

If you're a photographer, but new to remote controlled aircraft and want to use it for aerial photo/video, I highly recommend you talking to the guys at DSLRPros. They have several kits configured specifically for the professional that gets you up and flying and shooting in no time. THANKS DSLRPros.

BrentHG said:
FRS said:

FRS, I ordered my Sundance Kit on March 26. They are waiting for shipment of more Zenmuse H3-3D gimbals. I spoke to Derek as DSLRPros this morning and he says DJI is slow in shipping new gimbal, but the wait is well worth it for the much higher quality stabilized video that the 3axis gimbal provides. I'm hoping to take delivery next week.

Brent Headberg
HarborViewPhotos.com
West Palm Beach, FL

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl