Thoughts on DSLR Phantom 2 kit

Reaction score
I've been looking around for the best way to purchase everything I need in a FPV phantom 2 and it seems that this kit (the link is below) fits my needs. I'm just wanting to know if it's over priced, and if anyone has had experiences with DSLR Pros in the past. Thanks, dbolner

Link: www.dslrpros.com/Products/tabid/94/Prod ... fault.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am waiting on my Sundance dslrpros setup to be delivered. I ordered it on the 9th so I am really hoping it will come in before the 1st of the month.. Does anyone have any personal experiences with Dslrpros.com? I ordered the datalink upgrade with install so I am hoping they do a smooth install. If you want to hold out a few more weeks I will tell you personally how the setup is. Cant wait for the UPS guy to show up.. feels like im a kid again.

So you ordered the same kit that I put a link to in the description

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes now just anxiously waiting for it to arrive.. I'll send you some pics of the setup when it comes if you want. It was pricey but I think it will be worth it.

What do you feel is over priced? I priced everything individually and the same things that are in the kit actually came out more if you did it individually

Are you saying that the individual components at dslrpros are over priced?

One clarification, I was pricing a cannes kit with NO gopro

The only difference i believe between that and the abundance is the fpv goggles, extra batteries and the datalink

959 DJI Phantom 2 Go Pro Aerial Rig
DJI Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal (3-Axis gimbal pre-installed and tuned)
53 DJI Self-Tightening 9" Props (set of 4)
53 DSLRPros 9" Carbon Fiber CF Props (set of 4)
20 DSLRPros 9" Prop Guards
74 DJI On-Screen-Display (OSD) - provides basic flight data over FPV Live Stream
219 DJI 2.4 GHz BTU Data Link Radio (Adds 16 GPS Waypoint Navigation Capability)
189 High Performance Anti-Gravity Motors (with precision Japanese bearings for increased power and efficiency)
479 DSLRPros Futaba D8FG Radio Transmitter (for Long Range, Reliability & Special Advanced Control Profiles)
20 Deluxe DSLRPros Radio Tx Lanyard
30 DSLRPros Long Life 2600 mAH LiPo Tx Battery
810 5 Total DJI OEM 5200 mAH LiPo Batteries
70 2 Total DJI Flight Pack Charging Blocks (Required to reduce charging times via parallel charging)
220 Special Edition Tough Case with DSLRPros pre-cut foam
509 Integrated 5.8 GHz Long Range Diversity FPV System (7" HD Field Monitor, Long Range Diversity Rx/Tx, CL/Panel Antenna)
499 32 Channel Diversity FPV Goggles (Can be used in parallel with the Field Monitor for advanced perspective)

i bought one with the new H3-3D gimbal. USA deliver 3rd week of April... from what I've seen there isn't a comparison... its the most expensive because it has everything you need.

From talking to a few nat geo guys, dslrpros may be one of the few options that focus on photography and video, it seems like most others are still dealing in the hobby realm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I agree with the other post. It's expensive because you are paying for everything up front all at once. Plus you have professionals (hopefully) installing everything.. so to me that's worth the few extra couple hundred bucks. I really wanted the cannes but I'll buy my extra batteries at a later date. If anyone's in Texas let's go flying!

I bought my first Phantom from DSLRpros Feb 2013. They are an official dealer. Bought some other replacement parts as well. They are legit and offer good service.

i ordered my Sundance-DP-P2 kit from DSLRPros on 3/22/14. still waiting for delivery. however do to the new H3-3D gimbal coming out at the same time i had to wait a couple weeks longer. havent seen any real Phantom 2/H3-3D stuff from the Americas yet...
:shock:

Should be any day now you would think.. have you been in contact with them at all? I'd be calling everyday lol.. they told me first week of May and I ordered 4-9-14 for the exact same setup.

I ordered their FPV kit ($510 one) and sent my Phantom in. Just 2 weeks after I was notified that they received the craft it was sent back. Great customer service, you can email to see the status of your kit. Everything was well packaged and turned out great. PM me with other questions.

Curious to know what's in their " Special Advanced Control Profiles" on the 8FGS. I would appreciate it if someone with this can compare it to my profile and see what if anything they've done that I haven't. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8358

Please share the profile or note the settings if you can. If there is anything unique there, we can all benefit from it.

San antonio but as soon as it gets delivered I'm going to take some time off work and travel Texas. I'm assuming you are from Dallas ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers