This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)

Went out on Fathers Day...replaced my cables inside the rc because they were bad. Some of you know that my spot I go to fly sucks..its in a bowl a lot lower then the surrounding area with tons of dense trees so my distance numbers are low at this spot. So first trip was with the small itelite panel unboosted on the P3 standard....lost 5.8 then RTH kicked in...
83142ae3d7c1bb6e4a414dfd54e188fb.jpg

Second was with the cheap Chinese panels untouched, nothing done but a bracket with a 5.8 helical on it....unboosted same path....this time lost video for the first time ever and it was scary !!! Lol. I did not get far with these China panels....I am changing some stuff on them and will post results with parts used and what I did if anyone's is interested.
3da52eb129e31804326abba7ec6c20a9.jpg
2f377d6303bfa05fe4ae27daf132cf31.jpg

Also I found a cool way for cruise control that does not require rubber bands or GoPro mounts...I will make a thread with pics and a vid for those of you who want to do this...works on the standard

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Dont be surpriced.gif

Those are huge db
Look guys if you would please start watching your language .
I would appreciate it and would keep me from having to start editing posts . Thanks

Last edited:
Alright Dirk, we love you but you are unofficially kicked off this thread![emoji41]

Wanna bet :p
Look I have to get on others and can't /won't let it go on where I read .You must understand .
I gotta do what I gotta do .
Now go push a hole in the air and thanks :)
Nuff said ;)

Reactions: phxbird57
Reactions: sacooke
Just got home and got to say hello to the family, but here's an unboxing tease for size comparison!View attachment 57672View attachment 57673
Those look sweet!
Just got home and got to say hello to the family, but here's an unboxing tease for size comparison!View attachment 57672View attachment 57673
db, they look bad !!! So one panel is the size of the Terminator then? Also, will the CTH fit all three panels? They look durable!

Those look sweet!

db, they look bad ***!!! So one panel is the size of the Terminator then? Also, will the CTH fit all three panels? They look durable!
I didn't order the stand from horizon. Just be glad that you did BeauS, because this is one massive set up!

Here's a teaser of what I came up with, I may get to do a flight here in a little bit.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1466476449.577061.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1466476463.343675.jpg

I see you already got a heavy duty tripod! Is that the way to do it, 5.8 on top, both 2.4's horizontal below? Can all three be set linear?
It comes with a heavy steel bracket that aligns it this way, and it should perform well this way.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1466480276.131448.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1466480338.937116.jpg

****, all that set up and then find out Horizon didnt use the fittings that EVERYONE of our controllers are ready for! SO disappointing!! I dont think I have (3) of that style of coupling adapters & even if I do I hate using adapters! **** you Horizon, what an oversight!

View attachment 57708
****, all that set up and then find out Horizon didnt use the fittings that EVERYONE of our controllers are ready for! SO disappointing!! I dont think I have (3) of that style of coupling adapters & even if I do I hate using adapters! **** you Horizon, what an oversight!
So just to clarify in case you're not following my other posts, this set up is not intended to go directly to the controller, rather it's intended to go through amps to make up for the possible signal loss of the extra long cables. That's why the cable ends don't match most of our controllers.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I got set up last night to fly going westbound which is a great flight path for the standard. However as soon as I got set up and ready to take off it started sprinkling. I covered the aircraft up and waited five minutes but it was only getting heavier so I packed it up. This morning I could no longer fly west because of wind direction, so I was forced to fly east. I've told you before in this flight path there's a couple towers and a water tower and I always get major interference with the standard or P2V+ wi-Fi
No matter what boosted set up I've tried with the standard in this flight path I've never been able to get past 18,000 feet.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1466517836.434213.jpg

This was a very messy flight filled with errors on my screen saying"strong interference be careful when flying long-distance"
But I was able to go past the 18,000 feet and continue on, though my video feed was breaking up most of the trip after that. I let it go all the way out till 30,000 feet and let smart return home kick in. It may not look like a good run to some of you reading this but in this path control signal is usually lost between 2 to 3 miles and the bird automatically comes home. When that happens it usually breaks your DJI flight log up into two or three flights. My control signal is lost a couple times but came back so fast that this was all one continuous DJI flight log. So while not a good flight path for a Wi-Fi p3standard test. It did prove that this 5.8 panel blew away every 5.8 control antenna I've tried yet
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1466518244.402234.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1466518257.186387.jpg

Here's the mess if you want to look at it[emoji41]
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1466518575.050662.jpg

The P3standard obviously can't hold as much extra battery as the P3P/A! The P3P or A can carry these two batteries with no problems, but on this flight this morning, especially towards the end of the flight, the standard kept giving me " maximum motor speed" errors! And you could see the aircraft drop a foot or two in altitude! So going for a lighter load next time. It's too bad, HD report predicted over 40 minutes

View attachment 57708

Its the other way round that's the RF input end to drive the AMPs the other end of that cabe ( RPSMA ) is for the RC side !.

Connecting procedure is , RPSMA end of the long black cable from the RC unit to the Input of the RF AMP ( SMA ) output of the RF amp using the supplied Silver plated cablesboth RPSMA, there is also an adaptor to the Panel as they use N type , so there is and adaptor on there to convert N type to RPSMA.

So just to clarify in case you're not following my other posts, this set up is not intended to go directly to the controller, rather it's intended to go through amps to make up for the possible signal loss of the extra long cables. That's why the cable ends don't match most of our controllers.
Correct , that the way its used. "That's why the cable ends don't match most of our controllers.'
They do match you have to plug them in correctly.
If you want to drive the panels direct then connect to the short silver-plated cables !, these are RP-SMA both ends.

Reactions: dirtybum

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor