This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)

View attachment 51424
Did my new personal best distance with the standard this morning, had great signal on the way out, but I was flying over that path that has the bridge construction and I could see them raising and lowering the crane every other minute and every time they raise the crane I would get some wicked interference. So my signal on the flight back was a little rocky. I had 13,000 feet left to go with 13% battery so I decided to take it down on one of my safe emergency landing areas, unfortunately heading to that area I had dip below some trees,Lost signal's, and it landed in the field. Got a little dirty but it'll fly tomorrow.(The last thousand feet of that flight path goes over the interstate so I just didn't want to risk it, I probably could've made it home though)View attachment 51425
With this kind of distance is the 5.8 still capable or being just as good as lightbridge? Having really good aim is more important though right?

With this kind of distance is the 5.8 still capable or being just as good as lightbridge? Having really good aim is more important though right?
Jus saying!! But you know I had shotty reception on the return( prob cause the 210' crane directly in my path) and on my emergency auto land I was 500' away from a wide concrete pad and A/C dipped behind a tree line slightly causing signal and a field land. W/ lightbridge neither prob woulda happened! So the signal is more finicky! But as you see in screenshot the preview is great!
Miles ahead of the wi-fi preview on the p2 vision app.
But short answer is no, not as good. Capable yes

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1461349373.800294.jpg

Going to give these guys a try next!

Hey man, what's a good way to permanently attach the 15 turn? I'll test it first to see if it will work first.

I'm fine with placing it directly underneath the old antenna and keeping that as a backup, disconnecting the old one!

Epoxy, or super glue okay? I'll probably have to snip the corners off the square to set it flush.

20160422_143219.jpg
20160422_143231.jpg
20160422_143258.jpg

What's wrong with putting it out the controller exactly the way I have it , where it sets up higher. Isn't that pigtail right in the middle of your controller the 5.8? The reason I say this is before Tony built that controller you have I tried the same concept for my P2 vision plus, using to have half spheres and putting a 7 turn in the middle. I didn't have a ton of success with it because I think the helical is too close to the other two and they crossed talk. So I think the success of this is going to be placing it further above those 2.4's than what Tony has it and what you're suggesting.

What's wrong with putting it out the controller exactly the way I have it , where it sets up higher. Isn't that pigtail right in the middle of your controller the 5.8? The reason I say this is before Tony built that controller you have I tried the same concept for my P2 vision plus, using to have half spheres and putting a 7 turn in the middle. I didn't have a ton of success with it because I think the helical is too close to the other two and they crossed talk. So I think the success of this is going to be placing it further above those 2.4's than what Tony has it and what you're suggesting.

Oh gotcha! Yes my pigtail is in the middle. I order to do this I would need to move my 5.8 booster down towards the pigtail then?

The wire on the 5.8 Canon is pretty stiff so I just placed my booster right on top of the pigtail that was coming out of the controller then place the antenna on top of that sets it up pretty high, which if you're not using a tripod is probably going to be awkward.

Will this work to boost the 2 - 2.4's on the dbs or should i get 2 separate

Attachments

• 1461359744601.jpg
    1461359744601.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 352
Never tested duals! Do they have the same specs as two ? What's the DB output?what's the watts?

Trying to find specs now.....doesn't say anything in the description. I thought it would be cool to only have to mount 1 for the 2 - 2.4ghz then 1 for the 5.8ghz...I don't know about the generic ones compared to the sunhans tho...they have others (single 2.4) for $24.99

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Tried the p3s w/ the multistar 6.6 mah.
It's probably a little too heavy of a battery for the standard, but it didn't start to 25 minutes on the ticker until 13 minutes into the flight. I went out 46,000 feet then on return started to get some signal issues. Made it back in good time, but after it hit 10% and I still had 3000 feet to go it started auto landing, and the weight of the battery made it erratic! While I tried to keep control, it was yawing too much.
Once I seen that it was spinning more than I could control, I let it land in the pasture! It was kind of funny because the video was still going and it was close enough I still had video feed and I could see horses looking at it!
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1461377542.138647.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1461377550.885974.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1461377559.771763.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
I couldn't tell in the pics that you posted, do you have the P3P/a style tablet holder modded it into your standard remote, like the one I got on mine, if you do it should be fine. I noticed I can't lean my phone all the way back, but since I use a tripod and my controllers almost chest level, I don't need mine to lean back that far!

I couldn't tell in the pics that you posted, do you have the P3P/a style tablet holder modded it into your standard remote, like the one I got on mine, if you do it should be fine. I noticed I can't lean my phone all the way back, but since I use a tripod and my controllers almost chest level, I don't need mine to lean back that far!
I got the same one you got modded!

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1461388994.103732.jpg

This setup has been really good for getting me out past 8 miles! But the return trip is a little rocky!
So, its time to bring out the big guns! ( At least til the "Terminator"
gets here)

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1461389201.165734.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez