This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)

Hey BeauS, you're losing control signal then? Have you seen my comments about this 15 turn.

DB, I got all those cables and lipo checker. I can use those on a different external too right?

I got cells 1-4 here. I should have done a reading before flight. This is with about 8% battery left.

3.74V
All 15.0V

Hey BeauS, you're losing control signal then? Have you seen my comments about this 15 turn.

That's insane you had strong signal with that trailer in the way??? I'm interested in the 15 turn, but I'd like to attach it right to my FPVLR antenna if possible. Yes I'm loosing control signal at 8,000ft, I can make it to 9,000ft before i need to head back.

DB, I got all those cables and lipo checker. I can use those on a different external too right?

I got cells 1-4 here. I should have done a reading before flight. This is with about 8% battery left.

3.74V
All 15.0V
Yeah you can use them on others & you can charge other liHv 15.2v bats with that smart bat w/ balance plug. Those numbers are good

That's insane you had strong signal with that trailer in the way??? I'm interested in the 15 turn, but I'd like to attach it right to my FPVLR antenna if possible. Yes I'm loosing control signal at 8,000ft, I can make it to 9,000ft before i need to head back.
Is that boosted? If not, thats normal distance! Yeah the thing thats awkword about that 15 turn is how high it sticks up on that stiff cable, but that is also what makes it so effective, getting far away from the 2.4 signal

Is that boosted? If not, thats normal distance! Yeah the thing thats awkword about that 15 turn is how high it sticks up on that stiff cable, but that is also what makes it so effective, getting far away from the 2.4 signal

Yeah I got it boosted, I need to work on my aim. To get stronger signal I've been moving my antenna instead of adjusting altitiude. Could I replace 9 turn with a 15 turn? Had to use super glue on it once.

20160414_230156.jpg

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Are you sure the crack isnt causing the issue? But actually if your wi-fi is strong just leave it on and unplug it.

Are you sure the crack isnt causing the issue? But actually if your wi-fi is strong just leave it on and unplug it.
Leave the 5.8 in place ( cause its already glue back together and you may want to use it in the future) depending on where your pigtail sticks out of your controller, place the 15 turn right over the top of all of it.
*** remember the ebay link shows it having a 90degree elbow, mine is straight so if you order u might want to see if it can be ordered w/ straight cable. If not it can be found elsewhere.

I'll say this again in case my earlier comment got lost in the fray.

BE ADVISED:

The seller on that eBay listing is describing the antenna incorrectly. The antenna is NOT NOT NOT an RHCP antenna like he says. It's LHCP. There is nothing wrong with LHCP provided you're using LHCP antennas on the bird and something like ITELITE for FPV. But note that DB's super sweet 15 turn is an RHCP, and that's because RHCP for 5.8 is what everybody used on the P2V(+) aircrafts due to FPVLR's promoted antennas.
Most of us from the P2V(+) days have RHCP 5.8 (cloverleaf, pinwheel, eggbeater, whatever you want to call it) antennas sitting around, so naturally we'd want a 15 turn RHCP, not a 15 turn LHCP.

I'll say this again in case my earlier comment got lost in the fray.

BE ADVISED:

The seller on that eBay listing is describing the antenna incorrectly. The antenna is NOT NOT NOT an RHCP antenna like he says. It's LHCP. There is nothing wrong with LHCP provided you're using LHCP antennas on the bird and something like ITELITE for FPV. But note that DB's super sweet 15 turn is an RHCP, and that's because RHCP for 5.8 is what everybody used on the P2V(+) aircrafts due to FPVLR's promoted antennas.
Most of us from the P2V(+) days have RHCP 5.8 (cloverleaf, pinwheel, eggbeater, whatever you want to call it) antennas sitting around, so naturally we'd want a 15 turn RHCP, not a 15 turn LHCP.

Okay I got the red one DB has, thanks Mark!

****... you guys are so lucky with your 2.4 signal being so strong...
With me its the complete opposite.
My 5.8 signal is almost always at full bars. And my 2.4 is a complete mess.
So i had a pretty good run yesterday, go out to 20,100'. (my first time breaking 20'K barrier lol).
The 5.8 signal meter was completely full , not even 1 bar down. actually i don't think i've seen 5.8 lose any bars ever on my Standard.
But the 2.4 was uglyyy. video cutting in and out after 15,000' till i got to 20,000'.
i hear people always say their 5.8 almost always goes first and i just dont get it.
What do you guys recommend? 2.4 birdside dipoles?
IMG_3175.PNG

**** NJ, nice freakn flight!!
Yeah if you got steady control then you're still ahead of the game. Because when the control goes out the bird gets sent back, the video goes out you
can still go for a little while. Yeah you should definitely try different things somethings got to give. And I assume by those percentages and times you're not using a battery mod. That far with that much battery left, if you still had Wi-Fi you could've gone 25 easy.
Hell yeah its a good day for both of us. You got your personal best with the standard 20,100 feet(which is an amazing accomplishment with that aircraft) and I hit my personal best with the P3P today 8.1 miles. Hell yeah, good day[emoji41]

I was goin back thru the threads and couldn't find what set up your using in NJ? Like antennas or boosters?

Yeah if you got steady control then you're still ahead of the game. Because when the control goes out the bird gets sent back, the video goes out you
can still go for a little while. Yeah you should definitely try different things somethings got to give. And I assume by those percentages and times you're not using a battery mod. That far with that much battery left, if you still had Wi-Fi you could've gone 25 easy.
Hell yeah its a good day for both of us. You got your personal best with the standard 20,100 feet(which is an amazing accomplishment with that aircraft) and I hit my personal best with the P3P today 8.1 miles. Hell yeah, good day[emoji41]

DB, which Phantom do you prefer to mod, lightbridge or not? Did you come from the Vision+ which didn't have lightbridge correct?

Every model has their own redeeming qualities and right now I have most of them and have modded them! If I crashed a different one all this week and was only left with one, right now, I would hope it would be the standard.because I'm having the most fun with it right now. It's the model the I expected the least out of, that's why took me so long to get one because I had no interest in it. But it is proven to be a very challenging but worthy aircraft.

I do wish the PIII shell wasn't so **** hard to crack open. I can pop open a P2 shell make adjustments and put it back together before I even have the top off the PIII shell

Reactions: SZNJ732

That is awesome ! Congratulations my man! Its a great feeling!, like winning a gold medal in the Olympics lol ..
too bad it doesn't last very long because i bet you are thinking about that 8.2 mark right?
I celebrated a little last night,
celebrtn.jpg
now back to the drawing board. Gotta get to 25K . thank god the weather is getting better.

I was goin back thru the threads and couldn't find what set up your using in NJ? Like antennas or boosters?

I got DBS mod and three 2.5 watt sunhans amps, thats it. I did try more powerful amps but they actually decreased my signal.
At 20K i was at 67% battery, so i could've went farther, but the video kept cutting out, and it was difficult to monitor the battery percentage, so i decided to turn back.
you are right about the control signal, i had no problem moving ahead. if only i could improve my 2.4 i would be in much better shape.
Im very impressed with the Standard. My P3pro stock with windsurfer in same direction only gets me to like 10K.
I just bought a battery mod from another member here, but im trying to figure out how to use that LiPo charger.
This one doesnt come with a AC adapter. my old one did but it broke.
IMG_3188.JPG
Once i get it hooked up i can charge the batts and test it out, see what flight times i can get.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews