Third party replacement batteries.

Reaction score
I recently received a 2-pack of third party replacement batteries for my Phantom 3S as a birthday gift. After charging the batteries, I installed each one into the drone and using the battery diagnostics in the dji go app, checked their condition. Both batteries showed all cells charged correctly with little to no variation between cells...that is to say .01 or less. When I checked them under the "Advanced" tab in the app, I found that while one battery read "connection good", the other battery read "cell broken". Realizing that defects can and do happen in manufacturing, I contacted the vendor and they sent a replacement and a return address label for the assumed defective one. I just tested the replacement battery only to find the same "cell broken" message while using the diagnostics in the app. At this point, I am beginning to wonder if the batteries are truly bad or whether the app is reading a nonexistant fault in what I assume is a cloned battery's program. Obviously I am reluctant to fly with a questionable battery and I will continue to work with the vendor to try to obtain a battery that checks out correctly. My question is...Has anyone else had similar issues with 3rd party batteries and if so, was the battery truly defective?

Yes I've seen this issue posted before, as well as some aftermarket batteries simply not being accepted after a FW update, as apparently Dji added the ability to detect non genuine Dji batteries which makes them useless. Personally I would never use an aftermarket battery. I wouldnt trust them.

When i read the thread i linked to in my last post, out of curiousity i Googled Phantom 3 intelligent flight battery. I found 2 different brands of aftermarket batteries which i won't name, but upon reading customer reviews on both I quickly learned alot of customers experienced the exact same issue you have, repeatedly with exchange and exchange for "new" ones. See for yourself.

TWO....Very Important things for a safe flight is : high quality Dji batterys and Dji props............ period !

a Drone under the years warranty...with a "non Dji Battery " and a battery related failure and crash your on your own Dji will not repair the drone you will have to pay for it to be repaired.....the serial numbers are recorded in the DAT files !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka