Thinking of upgrading to a new drone $700 budget

I have a P3P for sale if interested. Never crashed, few flights, extra props, range extenders, 3 batteries, memory card and back pack style carrying bag $800 if interested.

I agree with John Locke. I have had both the P3S and the Mavic.
The P3S had the better camera, but lacked range. The Mavic had decent (but still couldn't get the 3 advertised miles) range,....but camera clarity was lacking terribly.
I sold the P3S in order to purchase the Mavic. Had the Mavic about two months and sold it because it just wasn't worth the money.
I guess I want my cake and eat it too. I am in this for the flying camera. I want to be able to fly and capture photos and videos in hard to access areas. So I want a stable,....long range and professional camera. When that comes out,......I will buy that flying platform. Until that time,.......I will sit out.

Phantom 4 refurb from Drone Nerds. Highly recommended. If you have an issue they are a certified DJI SELLER and SERVICE CENTER. They also must protect their ebay reputation. 3 drones purchased and one repaired recently after crash. 100% positive transactions in my experience!
eef8de6cca2fcb82da24a88f3fb919f8.jpg
9b6ce735653cf657dd63469da0f0f1d8.jpg

Reactions: dors2219
Phantom 4 refurb from Drone Nerds. Highly recommended. If you have an issue they are a certified DJI SELLER and SERVICE CENTER. They also must protect their ebay reputation. 3 drones purchased and one repaired recently after crash. 100% positive transactions in my experience!
eef8de6cca2fcb82da24a88f3fb919f8.jpg
9b6ce735653cf657dd63469da0f0f1d8.jpg
FYI, a P3A (with GL300A or B) has better range than a P4 when tested side by side in various settings. You will also get very few, if any, auto RTH scenarios. With P4 that always happens using the stock GL300C. I think a refurb P3A would be a bargain, or P3P if 4K is important to PP13.

Last edited:
Never had those issues w my p4. Fly both p4 and 3pro my p4 is better all around. Never had a rth issue.

Just me experience. 150 hours on my p4.

Since after Christmas, the price point between the P3A and P3P became the same so might as well get the pro.
Only issue is if you need to replace the gimbal after a crash. Pro gimbal as a replacement part is more expensive. However you can resort to an advanced gimbal in that case. The AC itself is exactly the same. It even says "pro" in the app when you connect an Advanced with gimbal disconnected/removed.

Amazon DJI official store has the phantom 4 refurbished for $729. From DJI official store Warranty included. I think maybe only with their Prime membership. Sorry may not be for you but I took the
Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card offer, so $660. Received it in 5 days.

Last edited:
It's rare but when I start a new hobby I get to the point where I feel the need to upgrade.
I currently have the Phantom 3 advanced with a nice amount of accessories with it and before the advanced I had the standard, going from the standard to the advanced was a significant upgrade in my mind, your getting the Light bridge, obstacle sensors. Other that the added pod that holds the sensors the antennas on the legs the standard and the advanced look very similar, it's the RC of the advanced that is so different from the standard.
When I upgrade next I believe I will go to the Mavic, pro

Well here is my 2 cents...they are all pretty much correct. The best option is the P3 Pro followed by the Advanced. The cameras on these are excellent and for the most part repairable. The P4 is a great bird but he cameras are very hard to find parts for or repair. You will find the P3 Advanced or Pro are easier to fly also. Much more control. .

I'll put in an additional 2 cents. I have rebuilt a couple of P3 standards , an advanced and a P4. The parts for the P3 gimbals and cameras are getting hard to find and almost always suffer damage do to even a moderate crash. The gimbal control board can get easily damaged because of the design and these are impossible to get. The P4 gimbal has a more robust gimbal design and while the electronics aren't easy to get they usually don't get damaged. Other mechanical parts are readily available. Don't forget the P4 has dual compasses and IMUs. Fly aways are a thing of the past. The Mavic is too fragile and i would wait for a design update to see if they make it more robust.

Last edited:
Reactions: dors2219
Well, if you ever consider a p4 for that budget let me know. I have mine for sale. Its my backup unit. I use my inspire more often.

If youre spending that much already might as well be for a later model

Reactions: Clockman

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT