Think I got a dud

Reaction score
Received my P4P today and after charging battery and RC, I turn on the unit and both the front a rear left LEDs are solid red and it beeps continuously. I updated the firmware on the drone and RC, and still solid red and constant beeping. DJI Go 4 app occasionally says I'm not connected, but I have a video feed and can control the gimbal and camera settings. I also get an error after a couple of minutes that says "Gimbal cannot receive Main Controller data". I've tried doing the IMU calibration, but it just sits there at 0% doing nothing. Also, motors will not start. Anybody else experience this and was there a fix, or am I looking at sending it back?

Did you register the drone with DJI within the app when you first turned it on?

I believe so. There were a series of screens at start up that I went through.

Have you tried powering down everything check battery level and battery seated? Turn Drone on, then controller. Any change? The MUI calibration MUST be done in a perfectly level surface and don't bump it. MUI calibration may take a long time to do, let it sit.

Yeah. I saw that. Unfortunately it doesn't give any specific info on the error. The app doesn't either. The app will also often report that there is no image connection even though I can see the image and change settings and see them on the screen. I sent a support message to DJI, but they won't get back to me until Monday at the earliest. I was hoping to get some flight time in this weekend.

Have you tried powering down everything check battery level and battery seated? Turn Drone on, then controller. Any change? The MUI calibration MUST be done in a perfectly level surface and don't bump it. MUI calibration may take a long time to do, let it sit.
I tried that several times. Power everything down, remove battery, reseat battery, power back up, still the same. I waited for about 5 minutes on the IMU calibration, and it remained at 0 % the entire time. No indication of progress, and no prompt to do anything other than wait. I guess I can let it sit longer.

Could try re-flashing firmware...

That's for the 4. I didn't see any firmware files for the 4 pro that could be loaded onto SD card. As far as I know, it's just through assistant or the go app.

Looking closer at downloads page, I don't see any firmware files. Curious

Yeah. Thanks for the all help and suggestions. I think I'll give the IMU cal one more try in the morning, and if that doesn't work, and if nobody else has any suggestions, I'll be waiting to hear back from DJI. I was so hoping to get some flying time in with this thing this weekend.

Well, could check the updating process again make sure it took and none are available (doesn't hurt to try), and MUI calib.

Yeah. I plan to do that in the morning. I have one more computer I can load the assistant software and see if that works. Wish me luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan