They weren't lyin'. 3.2 miles, box stock!!!

Has anyone tried the windsurfers with the antennas pointing down,,just curious,I have the same problem of it hitting the RC,and having to maintain that weird angle with the RC while trying to see my iPad,,angle would be much better,,same results though?

I just bought a $7.89 Windsurfer from Amazon, received it in the mail about 20 mins ago actually. No point in modding it to go any further if the battery can't keep up. Yeah.... I know all about the dual battery mods and all that, but don't want to get into that.

EDIT: Cancel that windsurfer idea. This thing fits like garbage. It's going back to Amazon.
This one works well:
LHI 2.4GHz Antenna Range Booster fr DJI Phantom 3 Inspire 1 Controller Windsurfer: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

Yea I tried those they hit the RC and you have a hard time aiming the RC at the bird. At an angle,,they're not true parabola,,but half circles,,better than nothing I guess,,with a true parabolic reflector the focal point could be closer to the reflector,,thus missing the RC body completely,,

I just bought a $7.89 Windsurfer from Amazon, received it in the mail about 20 mins ago actually. No point in modding it to go any further if the battery can't keep up. Yeah.... I know all about the dual battery mods and all that, but don't want to get into that.

EDIT: Cancel that windsurfer idea. This thing fits like garbage. It's going back to Amazon.
You just need to widen the bottom openings a bit and it then fits like a glove.

The range extenders do a great job of keeping your signal strong when surrounded by other electromagnetic interference. BUT it does absolutely nothing to help you stay within the Line of Sight FAA ruling. If you are a recreational pilot, you should still stick to the rule. Otherwise, we will all lose.

10-4 Russ,but it I can get solid r/c Signal,,and video,,from parabolic ant. Then it worth it to me,,I fly with DJI go app,,limits are set,,and understand why they're there,,,

What would be a really cool feature is some kind of indicator on the app telling which way you need to be pointing the RC. As I was doing my long range flight, I found it hard to determine exactly where the aircraft was in relation to me.

If u are looking for some kind of an indicator to let you know if u are looking in the right direction and u have a hard time using the radar in the Go App, u should look into the FPV CAMERA APP, they have a pretty cool feature called Pilot Wand. It lets you know by pointing a straight line directly at the craft, and also changes colors from green to yellow to red to let you know if your signal is getting weaker or not. It's a good App and a cool feature...

Definitly out of line of sight. I am really worried about all the rule breakers in this group. As many of you are doing by not staying in FAA compliance. This is setting up more strict regulations, and prohibitions. Seems like many have not been parented in their childhood to obey rules, but challenge them instead. Many groups are working hard to get us better regulations and laws but flying at high altitudes, and out of sight will only hamper the efforts of the Coalition working with FAA.

The FAA doesn't rule the whole worlds airspace. The FAA rules mean jack shidt to me as I'm several thousand miles away from any airspace controlled by them.

4 miles seems to be the max I can get on stock battery, but the signal is flawless. Also seems as though the app auto RTH figures in head/tailwind. Good thing I trusted it at 70% return. Also I had 70% at 4 miles, which is nuts compared to my old fc40.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl