They weren't lyin'. 3.2 miles, box stock!!!

Reaction score
What a scary run. The only thing stopping it from going further was the RTH kicked in for the battery. Still had FULL signal and video.
Capture.PNG

Nice run! I'll have to try letting it RTH sometime to see just how far she goes. ;)

Reactions: belmontncguy
Did you ever get warnings about weak image? I finally got out of the DC FRZ and went about 1 mile over modertly populated terrain. I was getting full good video, but on occasion I was getting a weak video warning, but it jumped right back to full.

The real **** my pants moment came when my phone completely locked up and as it happened, the low battery alarm came on. Thank goodness for RTH.

Yes, I have done a similar run of 4.5kms, probably could have done 5kms if I had not paused for a short while.

Limiting factor was needing to get home.

Reactions: Matts175
Did you ever get warnings about weak image? I finally got out of the DC FRZ and went about 1 mile over modertly populated terrain. I was getting full good video, but on occasion I was getting a weak video warning, but it jumped right back to full.

The real **** my pants moment came when my phone completely locked up and as it happened, the low battery alarm came on. Thank goodness for RTH.

A few warnings, but repositioning the transmitter took care of that.

What would be a really cool feature is some kind of indicator on the app telling which way you need to be pointing the RC. As I was doing my long range flight, I found it hard to determine exactly where the aircraft was in relation to me.

What would be a really cool feature is some kind of indicator on the app telling which way you need to be pointing the RC. As I was doing my long range flight, I found it hard to determine exactly where the aircraft was in relation to me.

there is, its on the bottom left .. the radar looking thing. Wherever the your aircraft is, that red arrow will show East/West from you. Its .. pretty accurate.

upload_2017-3-20_9-54-55.png

What's your thoughts on upgrades? DBS? Amps? Stay stock?

I just bought a $7.89 Windsurfer from Amazon, received it in the mail about 20 mins ago actually. No point in modding it to go any further if the battery can't keep up. Yeah.... I know all about the dual battery mods and all that, but don't want to get into that.

EDIT: Cancel that windsurfer idea. This thing fits like garbage. It's going back to Amazon.

I just bought a $7.89 Windsurfer from Amazon, received it in the mail about 20 mins ago actually. No point in modding it to go any further if the battery can't keep up. Yeah.... I know all about the dual battery mods and all that, but don't want to get into that.

EDIT: Cancel that windsurfer idea. This thing fits like garbage. It's going back to Amazon.
Haha
No the journey starts..

which one did you get? I was running this one and was able to get out to 60k and back no issues. the fitment was really good too.

Amazon.com: SKYREAT Copper Parabolic Antenna Range Booster for DJI Phantom 4 Phantom 4 Pro Phantom 3 Pro Advanced Inspire 1 Controller Transmitter Signal Extend (2 pcs): Electronics

which one did you get? I was running this one and was able to get out to 60k and back no issues. the fitment was really good too.

Amazon.com: SKYREAT Copper Parabolic Antenna Range Booster for DJI Phantom 4 Phantom 4 Pro Phantom 3 Pro Advanced Inspire 1 Controller Transmitter Signal Extend (2 pcs): Electronics

Amazon.com: Neewer Folding Aluminum Parabolic Antenna Range Booster for DJI Phantom 4 Phantom 3 Pro/Advanced Inspire 1 Controller Transmitter Signal Extend (Silver): Camera & Photo

The spacing between the 2 antennas is off by a hair, plus the back hits the top of the remote, so you have to put it on a goofy angle. It also looked used. I'm guessing because someone else sent it back.

Reactions: Digdat0
That's what the radar display does. However it does depend on your mobile having a compass, otherwise top is north. You can also have the map turn with you. Just turn off map north lock.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj