There's a rumble brewing between new P4 owners and us lowly P3-ers

What's a FC40? ;)
Is what I started with and think most should too to really learn with and appreciate what we got now :)
Would still have it if I hadn't drowned it :rolleyes:
But you know this ;)

Reactions: TWP723
Is what I started with and think most should too to really learn with and appreciate what we got now :)
Would still have it if I hadn't drowned it :rolleyes:
But you know this ;)

I was being facetious!

Dumped it in the drink huh? What happened?

Reactions: dirkclod
I was being facetious!

Dumped it in the drink huh? What happened?
Didn't read the manual :)
I lost the app and just wasn't paying attention to the time and let it auto land :rolleyes:
And I knew you were ;)

Didn't read the manual :)
I lost the app and just wasn't paying attention to the time and let it auto land :rolleyes:
And I knew you were ;)
darth-vader-didnt-read.gif

Believe it or not, my favorite part about phantompilots is all the GIFS. I just look for dirkclods recent threads whenever i need a laugh lol.:)

I know one thing...Darth is gettin' his groove on!
Ya but when he's away them boys will play :)
stormtropper dance.gif
Whoops..done went OT :eek:

Why would there be a "rumble" brewing? Can we not be happy with what we purchased and are enjoying flying? Are a lot of us "broken" by not allowing jealousy or envy cause negative emotions in us? I don't feel "lowly", either.

Perhaps we need therapy because I'm just happy for those who get the 4 and I'm happy flying my P3P.

Reactions: dirkclod
I'm all set on upgrading to a 4 strictly because I'm not made out of money. But if I could trade my P3A in for a 4, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Noble 1
i think the P4 is great for those who are just getting into the drone world. If you already own a P3A/P then the P4 really doesnt do anything extra. There are companies already developing the tracking and tap fly. So nothing really a grabber. If you have money to burn just goto the Inspire

Reactions: TWP723
Bravo Zulu to DJI for improvements in every new generation. It's silly to get into which generation is more quantum of a leap from the previous because we all have different needs.

My P1 used to take off with a Hero 2 and bring back video that was bouncier than a trampoline stripclub and flying nowhere I thought it was, with a battery that lasted 14 minutes on a good day. Loading the battery reminded me of jumpstarting a car.

The P2V+ gave me an integrated camera/gimbal/fpv package with a battery that loads like an M16 magazine. I upgraded to FPVLR antennas for the range I wanted (almost.) My P2-H33D is a workhorse. I love them both and may hold onto them for a while.

My P3P...again I'm blown away by the how much better it is than both of my P2s and for me that answer was LightBridge. Built-in range is so much easier, logistically.

I don't find the new P4 features compelling enough to make me an early adopter, but I'm not opposed to ending up with one a few months down the road. The point is, DJI has continuously evolved each new model.

This discussion happens with every new release and I'm sure we'll revisit it when the P5 is unveiled.

I got a ceiling fan..........
NICE! Did you get the one with the better motor design? Are you upgrading to carbon fiber blades? :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: dbeavers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl