There's a rumble brewing between new P4 owners and us lowly P3-ers

I don't quite understand why people are calling the P4 a toy or saying it's for beginners. Anything that can be done by a P3 can be done by a P4 as well. There's no rule compelling people to only fly the P4 with the collision or following features.

I have a P3P and already don't get to use it as much as I would like, so I have no need for a P4 now, but I'm sure I would enjoy it just as much as my current Phantom. And I would definitely be adding a P4 rather than substituting it, so I have a backup if (WHEN) something happens to it.

Maybe, sort of........The P4 is a nice craft. With that said I bought my P3P in June. If I had a extra cash I would buy a 4. Its not even close to worth trying to sell my 3 just to order a 4. Maybe next year when the 5 comes out, but by then I'm sure the Inspire will have been updated so I would take a good look at that before the Phantom. I also still like the light bridge in my P3P
You all should just buy a Typhoon H and then there will be peace AMONGST US!LOL!

Not for professional users. I have two P3s for day to day real estate and construction jobs, and two Inspire1s with the Zenmuse X5 for shooting television commercials and other high end video/photography work. The only thing that will truly interest me at this point will be an Inspire2. My wishlist for the Inspire2 is two of everything (over/under motors for redundancy, dual larger batters for longer flight times, and dual IMUs, compasses, etc) oh and of course more dynamic range out of the X5 and multiple compression modes for the video footage.

The only features that I do like about the P4 is the redundant IMUs and compasses, what looks like an improved gimbal, and extended battery life. Without camera improvements, my current P3s are good enough for me. I would probably still pick up a P4 if it weren't for the fact I would have to get all new batteries (for the 3rd time).
Ditto.... all of it.

Still I'm not seeing anything impressive about the P4 camera from videographers or folks that know cameras. (Yeah I know... Get an Inspire with the X5) Same sensor. Same 60Mb/s bit rate. Improvements in "sharpness" to the lens. My P3's lens is dialed down to -2 on so lack of sharpness was never an issue. Gimbal stability was never an issue. Was really hoping for more wow in the camera of the P4 as I too could care little about "features". It's all about the camera. Had my fingers crossed for 4K 60fps at 100Mbs. Now that's a reason.

Last edited:
I've just got into phantom flying and I have the fc40. I got to say I'm loving this drone I one day will upgrade but I'm well happy with its performance.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have the advanced and the pro and I'm very happy with both of them. The new p4 sounds nice but unless I crash one of the ones I have I can't justify purchasing another one just to say I have the best.

If anyone is looking for good video software try filmora from wondershaire. It works great and has more elements that Adobe pro. The price to own your own software is only 50$. You can try jt for free. Check out my videos www.droneestatevideos.com. Chuck

So, what if u have a P3P and still have over two weeks to return it for a P4? It's gets more interesting, you'd then lose the extra battery, and pay $400 difference?
Now I'll add a little more intrigue, maybe, maybe you modded the remote and have to buy one on eBay? Needs to be stock. (You still have the remote with DBS antenna to sell if you want to recoup the loses)
Would any of you do it?
I say this because I'm contemplating it. Basically I'll lose my extra battery, spend another $428 + $150ish
The only plus is I got the drone with extra battery for like $640 or something....I have a feeling most of you will say stick with the P3P it's also the W322A model (new motors)with the 300B remote, (which at least one guy here is looking to buy ONLY the 322 or 322A models for various reasons)

I'm on my way to upgrading, after I decided to keep it, I won a new (used twice before crash he says) for $125 Im hoping it works out, if not I've come to decision to accept my P3P and enjoy it, until then I won't fly it just in case I do wreck it or something, then it'll be a mute point. Best Buy to have them in stock April -1st

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20