The Phantom 2 Vision main controller firmware has been upgra

Re: The Phantom 2 Vision main controller firmware has been u

I guess I might as well upgrade. I am willing to bet in the next week we will see an app update for the ground station and this is the firmware we need to make it work.

I did the upgrade this morning without any problems.

One test flight so far to test the geofencing. It works.
I'll do a longer flight to check the compass etc later.

I'm not going to be able to test any of this for another week. Could one of you set the max height & diam into Assistant for me and push it to the Vision and let us know what those numbers are so I can update the STICKY?

Also, can anyone confirm or deny a rumored 5mi geofence around airports? And if so can that be disabled? Or is that chatter spilling over from the Waypoints discussion for GrounStation and not apply to v2.0 ? If confusing I can include that in the sticky as well.

Thanks,
iDrone

iDrone said:
I'm not going to be able to test any of this for another week. Could one of you set the max height & diam into Assistant for me and push it to the Vision and let us know what those numbers are so I can update the STICKY?

Also, can anyone confirm or deny a rumored 5mi geofence around airports? And if so can that be disabled? Or is that chatter spilling over from the Waypoints discussion for GrounStation and not apply to v2.0 ? If confusing I can include that in the sticky as well.

Thanks,
iDrone
This is on dji web site for ground stations waypoints. It has a map of airports in the USA and Canada. It is interesting that all airports are not included. For example the Manchester, NH airport with 4 airlines with flights to cites in the eastern 1/2 of the USA is not included. While the small Niagara Falls, NY airport with only 2 small airlines is included.

Thanks MikeySoft. I expect it's going to be an interesting afternoon when GroundStation for Vision gets released along with the app. Both the board & YouTube will probably be very busy soon after.

iDrone

Does anyone know if the max descent speed can be changed?

iDrone said:

Thanks,
iDrone

I read on another forum that waypoints would not be able to be set within 5 miles of major airports and this link was posted showing all those airport (including the UK) http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-gs

The airports exclusion zones are only applicable for setting waypoints, so that will come into play for us with the app update. But you can still fly normally within the exclusion zone - I think they are preempting issues with airspace regulators in an attempt to head off any regulations against autonomous flying for this class of aircraft.

Hello friends
My English is not so good
I don't think we need
Upgrade
This limits the ability of our airport
And do any upgrade components
So we cannot break through
Good day

iDrone said:

Thanks,
iDrone
MikeySoft said:
This is on dji web site for ground stations waypoints. It has a map of airports in the USA and Canada. It is interesting that all airports are not included. For example the Manchester, NH airport with 4 airlines with flights to cites in the eastern 1/2 of the USA is not included. While the small Niagara Falls, NY airport with only 2 small airlines is included.
iDrone said:
Thanks MikeySoft. I expect it's going to be an interesting afternoon when GroundStation for Vision gets released along with the app. Both the board & YouTube will probably be very busy soon after.

iDrone

This video has more info:
http://youtu.be/zzvMXosiOrs

It sounds nice.
But
This limits us.
I read all the blog on a daily basis.
And see how much money we find on the various antennas
Only to increase range
Broadcasting
It's like the iPhone hacking
I personally think it's a mistake to upgrade
Even for ground station

Opp5151 said:
It sounds nice.
But
This limits us.
I read all the blog on a daily basis.
And see how much money we find on the various antennas
Only to increase range
Broadcasting
It's like the iPhone hacking
I personally think it's a mistake to upgrade
Even for ground station

I can't see any reason to upgrade until the ground station app is out... Who knows when that will *actually* be?!

Pull_Up said:
The airports exclusion zones are only applicable for setting waypoints, so that will come into play for us with the app update. But you can still fly normally within the exclusion zone - I think they are preempting issues with airspace regulators in an attempt to head off any regulations against autonomous flying for this class of aircraft.

One of my sons (works for a consulting engineering firm near Washington, DC) told me last night there is a plan afoot to lock down a wide radius around KDCA-National and Dulles Airports to all UAV activity.
I'm sure NYC airports are in the discussion as well.
How do they plan to enforce it .....? Well, we do know the capability is there now.

bobomet said:
Pull_Up said:

One of my sons (works for a consulting engineering firm near Washington, DC) told me last night there is a plan afoot to lock down a wide radius around KDCA-National and Dulles Airports to all UAV activity.
I'm sure NYC airports are in the discussion as well.
How do they plan to enforce it .....? Well, we do know the capability is there now.

Time for DJI to bring out a stealth phantom !!!

:lol:

rfernandez said:
Start reading between the lines Big Brother is limiting what and where you can fly this things through updates.

I think that is correct .... but for good reason in many cases ... and in my opinion, airports should be locked out.
Much will be determined by the way we self-regulate the technology before governments begin to intervene.

I think that is correct .... but for good reason in many cases ... and in my opinion, airports should be locked out.
Much will be determined by the way we self-regulate the technology before governments begin to intervene.

I think some regulation is appropriate. Too many idiots out there trying to prove how far and how high the can fly without thinking of the possible consequences of being beyond visual range. Having said that, the manufacturer would have not thought of that on its own. This is already being influenced by government. Since the FAA cant seem to make a ruling, perhaps this is another way they are do it. And i will get more restrictive you wait and see. I don't trust them as far as i can throw them.

Old Gazer said:
Mori55 said:
Heard the gimbal screen is gone ? How can you adjust it now ?
I have the new firmware update and still have the gimble settings. Someone has said that if you have the 7th channel hack to revert back to Vision to see it in Vision assistant. I do believe that it would be a good idea to revert back to Vision before upgrading for those that are using the hack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Would be a better idea that DJI acknowledge people are fitting the DJI 7th channel switch to control gimbal and include software settings for it in 2.1... :idea:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl