The Phantom 2 Vision main controller firmware has been upgra

Re: The Phantom 2 Vision main controller firmware has been u

iDrone said:
AmosMoses said:
I have a few issues since doing this update. Prior to this update my Phantom would get a gps lock within a minute tops. Now it can sometimes take 2or3 min. Also my wifi range is way shorter now but only at distance not altitude. Meaning, if I go straight up I can easily do 400ft but if I go out it will cut off at about 250/300ft and go into failsafe.
The conditions are exactly the same as far as my location. Today is a little overcast is about the only real difference. Just odd that this started after doing the update. The limits are still at the default. Can't remember at the moment but they are set way beyond what I'm getting.
Any ideas? Thanks.

Oh, batteries on the extender, tx, and Phantom were fully charged.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Amos, I think the first boot up after a Vision NAZA firmware upgrade forces a cold start of the GPS & IMU, causing it to take a bit longer to rebuild its lookup tables, plus overcast skies may delay GPS acquisition even further. Once the tables are rebuilt, its next boot up should be quicker like what were normally used to. I've noticed this with every upgrade to the autopilot & Central Board.

Failsafe kicks in when Vision no longer receives a 5.8GHz control signal from your TX/Controller. That your Vision can still receive signal up to 400' overhead but not out to 400' almost suggests your stick antenna is oriented incorrectly; the tip should be pointing at the sky but I'm sure you already know that, so this gets even more interesting.

The two 5.8GHz antennas on the Vision are the little gray wires taped to the inside of its landing gear. They should be undamaged & pointing straight down.

You may want to open the TX/Controller and check the antenna lead & its connection to the transmitter module. Basically you're checking to make sure the cable is solidly connected to the socket on the transmitter module and that the cable isn't pinched or damaged. Almost all of them are glued to the connector to prevent folks from accidentally disconnecting it when opening the case & upgrading firmware. If there's a glob of glue and you don't see and broken or frayed wires, you're lead is probably fine.

If everything so far seems to be in order, your TX/Controller's transmitter may have failed. Mine did, and so have a few others on the board. Unfortunately there's no easy way to check the transmitter without an RF power meter. There are a number of reasons why they fail beyond the scope of this discussion but let's just say QA/QC is not 100%.

Contact DJI Support USA and submit a report citing 400' up OK, 400' out NG and tell them you'd like to send your TX/Controller to the LA Service Center to get it checked. You should get a green light in a few days. If they ask you to ship both Vision & Controller, its up to you but I only shipped them my Controller knowing if they didn't find anything wrong I could ship the Vision later if I had to. Once they receive your controller you'll get an answer in a day or two.

Good luck,
iDrone :ugeek:

Thank you iDrone. I will go through each suggestion you have made and check.
I'm also going to try a different area and see if there might be something new causing interface. Where I live I can pretty much only fly out one direction. To my north I have trees, east and south is all subdivision. West is a park and one farm house. So I stick with west.
I'm just not confident enough yet to take it over any place where it could cause damage or get lost in the trees.
If I need to send the tx in and they request I send the drone too, will they give me static if I ask to only have the tx checked first?
Thanks again! I appreciate your help!

I would send both in, how do you know it's not the receiver ? But if it happened after update it's probally something with that.

Mori55 said:
I would send both in, how do you know it's not the receiver ? But if it happened after update it's probally something with that.

Good point. I'm just really regretting doing the update. The Phantom was working perfectly before I did it. It would appear (my best guess) that something was corrupted in the download or installation process probably. The video playback problem is what makes me think that it's a software issue and not a hardware problem.
I'm going to do as iDrone suggested and try a different area. Hopefully I figure it out this afternoon.

dkatz42 said:
rfernandez said:
Show your work, please. I'm pretty sure that 3 m/s is less than 7 mph. Each meter per second equals 2.24 mph.

You are all wrong.. 3m/s equates to 9.84ft/s
No, everybody's wrong. 3m/s equates to 18038 furlongs/fortnight. (Probably got that wrong too.)

Now that's good sh_t. And solid DJI-like math. Sure wish my iOSD had an option for furlongs and fortnights. But miles and MPH and feet would be ok depending on where I was flying that day...

Why don't you update it again and calibrate your sticks and check everything out ?

Geert said:
Correct.

3 meter per sec = 9.8425 foot per sec

;)
Also, just under 7 mph. In just 13 more days we'll know whether the furlongs per fortnight figure is correct.

Does anyone know if the V2 upgrade still works now that version 3 is released?

Since getting my phantom I've not yet upgraded up but will soon be getting a gimball and believe I'll need v2 in order to configure things correctly. Connected it tonight and get the same error everyone was getting at the start of this thread where it tells me I have a mismatch but there is no option to upgrade.

Have they removed the V2 firmware now that 3 is out or should I just keep trying hoping their servers eventually work?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I just got my phantom + and the same problems are still here the software do not recognize my controller and I can not set it to the Nazi mode any one have the same problem at this late date with the vision+

chasd said:
I just got my phantom + and the same problems are still here the software do not recognize my controller and I can not set it to the Nazi mode any one have the same problem at this late date with the vision+

Nazi mode? :shock:

Is that when it turns into a diving bomber and plummets itself towards the ground? :D

Found droneslingers site and downloaded 1.08 version. Got access to all the settings I need now and no need to update :)

Happy days.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Big Ben said:
Nazi mode? :shock:

Is that when it turns into a diving bomber and plummets itself towards the ground? :D

I LOVE this. Nice one Big Ben.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik