The Phantom 2 Vision main controller firmware has been upgra

Reaction score
Firmware Updates on Mar.26
Overview:
a) The Phantom 2 Vision main controller firmware has been upgraded to v2.00.
b) The central board firmware has been upgraded to v1.0.1.24.
c) Phantom2 Vision Assistant Software has been upgraded to v2.00.
d) The User Guide has been updated to v1.14.
Major New Features:
a) Main controller firmware now includes the Flight Limits functions, inclusive of maximum height radius limits,
which is aimed to help users fly more safely. Max height is set at 400m and max radius is 1600m by default. The
default parameters can be configured in the Assistant Software v2.00.
b) The max descent speed has changed to 3m/s.
c) Assistant Software v2.00 includes Flight Limits page for configuration.
d) The latest version of user guide includes descriptions of Flight Limits function.
Special Notes:
a) Ensure both main controller and central board firmware have been updated to the latest version using
Assistant Software v2.00.

Re: The Phantom 2 Vision main controller firmware has been u

Manual 1.14:

"If the aircraft is flying out of the max radius in Ready to Fly (non-GPS) status, it will fly back
within the limits range automatically if 6 or more GPS satellites have been found."

If flown in "Ready to Fly (non-GPS)" mode, it means there's not enough ( => 6) satellites? Documentation error?

---
Vision app:

"... the Ground Station functions are not affected by flight limits."

Interesting...

Yeah... upgraded... when I now launch the new assistant v2.0 I get a message I need to upgrade main controller but on the list of updates there is no update... when I click on "update" it states there isn't one...

Maybe the servers are just busy or not yet well configured - but that should have been done prior to launching news of the update, oh well....

OK. Downloaded Assistant SW V2.00. When run it say Main Controller Firmware mis-match, please update your firmware. However, it doesn't show any updates available. I'm also not able to navigate anywhere in Assist V2.00 because of the mis-match.

Geo

Same here, guys. Upgraded, still shows latest version as 1.08. Can't navigate and "must upgrade message". Here we go again. :roll:

I would give it a little while for two reasons:

1. The servers are probably swamped already if the news is out;
2. There's no new version of the app available at this time (on Android anyway) through the app's own upgrade button (which I believe goes straight to DJI, not the Play Store);
3. Always good to let a few updates get installed by "early adopters" first. Been on the wrong end of that way back when, I'll just wait a while today if you don't mind. ;)

Interesting that they are drip-feeding more and more of the NAZA-M-V2 features into the mix. This seems to me to confirmthat the Vision flight controller is a standard NAZA-M-V2 that's just being reined in by firmware.

AnselA said:
Manual 1.14:

"If the aircraft is flying out of the max radius in Ready to Fly (non-GPS) status, it will fly back
within the limits range automatically if 6 or more GPS satellites have been found."

If flown in "Ready to Fly (non-GPS)" mode, it means there's not enough ( => 6) satellites? Documentation error?

No I think that's right. If you're getting flashing yellows (i.e. not enough sats for a lock) it will merrily fly all over the place. If you then subsequently get a lock (because you move out of the blind spot, or go up higher) and are outside the geofence at this time, the aircraft will effectively perform a return to home until it hits the inside of the geofence boundary and will then give you control back.

Just noticed they've released the firmware for the P2 as well today, including support for iPad Ground Station if you buy the DJI datalink module. According to DJI's Facebook answers to people with Visions this means that we will get our FREE, no additional hardware required, waypoint flying system within a couple of weeks... That will run on anything that currently runs our app, so no need to buy an iPad like the P2 guys who don't have one already.

Here's the "Don't blame us if idiots get hold of one of these" disclaimer from the new manual:

Disclaimer
Please ensure that you are kept up to date with International and Domestic airspace rules and regulations before
using this product. By using this product, you hereby agree to this disclaimer and signify that you have read this fully.
You agree that you are responsible for your own conduct and content while using this product, and for any direct or
indirect consequences caused by not following this manual, violate or disregard any other applicable local laws,
administrative rules and social habits thereof.

I suspect that behind the scenes DJI has been having discussion with ICAO and other interested parties, hence the geofence going in before the waypoints...

I'd wait awhile to get the bugs worked out.
I went through this with my v2 on my 450. I had to revert back for awhile till the bugs got worked out.

Pull_Up said:
I would give it a little while.

Always good to let a few updates get installed by "early adopters" first. Been on the wrong end of that way back when, I'll just wait a while today if you don't mind. ;)

Good advice! In fact, I think I'll wait a few days (or weeks!) before I take the plunge so I can see what the heck is going on. I never want to be on the 'cutting edge' of anything. Don't want to get cut - :lol:

I can't seem to find the "news" page on the DJI site.
I apologize for being a burden (got several projects on today!).
Could somebody pop a link on to the info about the P2V Groundstation release please?
Many thanks!

I wonder what is "Phantom 2 Vision Autopilot System" in Latest Version Informtion". I guess P2V waypont feature, however we r waiting for the app upgrade/or standalone app.
www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/download

dave21 said:
I wonder what is "Phantom 2 Vision Autopilot System" in Latest Version Informtion". I guess P2V waypont feature, however we r waiting for the app upgrade/or standalone app.
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/download

No, it's been in there from day one. It's what DJI calls the NAZA flight controller I think.

My Phantom is flying well as it is so I will wait for the update that actually adds the waypoint feature :) let others take the plunge and iron out the bugs...

dataway said:
My Phantom is flying well as it is so I will wait for the update that actually adds the waypoint feature :) let others take the plunge and iron out the bugs...

Of course there is the possibility that waypoint flying will be an app-only update, that this firmware update adds the aircraft end code that's required... that would mean people would HAVE to have the geofence in place in order to fly with waypoints.

(1) The default parameters in the Assistant Software is compliant within the definitions of class G
ruled by ICAO. (Refer to Airspace Classification to get more details). As each country has its
own rules, make sure to configure the parameters to comply with these rules too, before using
the PHANTOM 2 VISION.

I'm wondering if those "defaults" can be cleared out altogether - in other words can the geofence be switched off? Anyone had any joy getting anything out of the servers yet?

Ok i havent noticed before. Nevermind we r still waiting for the new waypoint feature :)however its forbidden here in Czech

I just plugged mine in and it shows no updates. Just 1.08

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1