The new drone is here, the new drone is in.

I'd like to that everyone of you that took the time out of your lives to help out a future drone pilot.
Updates are optional. My suggestion is to just fly it first without updating so you know what normal looks like before changing anything. Once you know that everything works and you've done your research, you can make a more informed decision on whether or not you want to update. If you choose to update, you'll then be able to recognize any issues.

Reactions: Guitarman
Updates are optional. My suggestion is to just fly it first without updating so you know what normal looks like before changing anything. Once you know that everything works and you've done your research, you can make a more informed decision on whether or not you want to update. If you choose to update, now you'll be able to recognize any issues.
I'm can't get it do do anything but growl. I never even heard it run. I'm going to take it to a pro.

I'm can't get it do do anything but growl. I never even heard it run. I'm going to take it to a pro.

Theres no files on the sd card, all the info you need to get the drone going is at the dji website, when you download the latest firmware onto your new sd card it will work, follow directions to a "T"

Reactions: Pharm and Guitarman
Theres no files on the sd card, all the info you need to get the drone going is at the dji website, when you download the latest firmware onto your new sd card it will work, follow directions to a "T"
That's the first thing I did. I got everything synced up. Lights were all normal but the motors won't turn on. Last time I tried that alarm growl was no stop and never once did I get the motors running.

How exactly, does one break an SD card? ;) Also, can you describe the procedure you're performing when attempting to start the motors?

If you are in P-GPS mode and you are indoors then that is likely why you can not start the motors. When in P-GPS mode you need at least 6 satellites locked before DJI GO app will give you the green light to start the motors and take off.

You don't need any of the files that where on that SD card you broke. The aircraft has a different SD card (that you can't access or see) that it stores information on. You don't even need the SD card you broke to be in the aircraft to fly.

If you are able to connect the controller and app to the aircraft, I would take the advise of 'OSO' and go fly it, but you need to be outdoors.

If you are in P-GPS mode and you are indoors then that is likely why you can not start the motors. When in P-GPS mode you need at least 6 satellites locked before DJI GO app will give you the green light to start the motors and take off.

Thanks for sharing this. Did not know it.

I took the cowards way I out I returned it to Amazon for replacement.
That said, when you get the next one, dont do a firmware upgrade. Just ignore the update flag. Then read the manual, take your time and do short test flights in an unobstructed area to get comfortable and some air time. Trees, buildings etc will block your line of sight and transmitter signal as well as being sudden stops.

That said, when you get the next one, dont do a firmware upgrade. Just ignore the update flag. Then read the manual, take your time and do short test flights in an unobstructed area to get comfortable and some air time. Trees, buildings etc will block your line of sight and transmitter signal as well as being sudden stops.

@Stuka you said a mouthful there. I upgraded from a P3S to a P4K I looked and there is no firmware upgrade for the new drone. I was wondering if I should start off with litchi rather than dji go.

Honestly, use both. That's what I did/do. Though I primarily use GO now that it has much improved. But initially I used Litchi the most, hands down. I suggest to get comfortable with Litchi first then try GO and it will show you GO's shortcomings more easily.

With all that said, I haven't used Litchi in a very long time. I use GO as it meets my every need.

There are other apps I recommend, Ultimate DJI & Vertical Studio are awesome apps. Vertical Studio is insanely easy to use.

Finally the Phantom 3 Standard arrived. I've seen many videos. I have to admit the drone was a lot smaller than I thought. The camera is so tiny.
Ah the power of close up photography.

With all that said I am proud to announce the latest Drone Pilot in Michigan.

Now let's do some reading, charge some batteries, practice on the flight simulator and prepare for my first flight. Yeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaa
I don't even fly my inspire any more it just sits in a box I can't be bothered going to a park flying and every rerard asking me questions. In the end I wore a tshirt that said want to know more give me 20 bucks and that's how I made a small fortune and opened up a chain of stores, but that story is for another day

Good luck. I got standard as well. I flight only 5 minut and was great. Now I am reading lots of article about safe fly, about everything. Watching a lots of movie on YouTube. I want be safe and ready.. I order lots of accessories. Sorry for my en.
Have fun!

PS: Your en is much better than our, whatever.

If you busted up your controller for the Standard, replacing it with a new one is pretty easy to do, linking the PS3 with a new controller is really simple. You can buy new controller almost anywhere, I have two Standard Controllers because I bought a new PS3 after I lost my original PS3 in the lake and it now swims with the fishes. I therefore have a controller that I will never use, so if you want to buy it, will sell it to you if your interested.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl