The new drone is here, the new drone is in.

Reaction score
Finally the Phantom 3 Standard arrived. I've seen many videos. I have to admit the drone was a lot smaller than I thought. The camera is so tiny.
Ah the power of close up photography.

With all that said I am proud to announce the latest Drone Pilot in Michigan.

Now let's do some reading, charge some batteries, practice on the flight simulator and prepare for my first flight. Yeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaa

Good luck. I got standard as well. I flight only 5 minut and was great. Now I am reading lots of article about safe fly, about everything. Watching a lots of movie on YouTube. I want be safe and ready.. I order lots of accessories. Sorry for my en.
Thx @cyberbol I am looking forward to taking to the skies, wouldn't you know it's raining. Don't apologise for your English. It's hard enough for me and I was born here. Besides I have a good friend from Hawaii he speaks broken English, so I'll have no trouble understanding you.

Congrats on the craft, you'll have fun. But yes, you're on the right track. Read the manual, twice if you like to read. That's really important to learn everything. Learning where all the settings are is daunting, I know. Even after two years flying with DJI's go apps, I still sometimes have problems finding a setting that I know exists. The app is very extensive, so learning it is essential. When you're not flying, just poking through the app at night at home is something I did early on, to memorize things.

If you listen to podcasts, there's a free one called DroneU that you might like, really good for newbies as well as experienced pilots. The only issue is you have to tolerate Paul's arrogant attitude at times, and childish laugh. He drinks way too much caffeine I think, but the content is usually very good. Paul's sidekick Rob is a good guy, down to earth personality. They're on YouTube with their podcast recording too, but I prefer just listening to the podcast. Their website is good too, especially if you want to pass part 107 testing, however it's expensive to be a member at $47/mo. thedroneu.com

Also, consider State Farm's drone insurance, $60/year.

Well I got my first glitch. I started my registration connected to my wireless i got registered. I turned everything on I saw the Phantom 3 wifi went to connect and got Authentication problem. I uninstalled dji go reins totalled repeated everything again and still got authentication problem.

Nevermind I tried disconnecting my wfi error again I turned my wifi back on then it recognized my phantom. Hope that's my glitch for the day.

Spoke to soon phantom 3_0aecd7 came up asked for the password entered no problem however now I get connected no internet. I tried unhooking my wifi to look for Phantom connected but no internet. GRRRRRRR

Last edited:
power up RC , power up AC , Wi-Fi settings in your phone/tablet --- let it connect to Phantom , you will get CONNECTED NO INTERNET , this is correct , you don't need internet to fly , start DJI GO , it will recognize your P3S , camera button will be blue , hit the blue camera button

Reactions: Guitarman
power up RC , power up AC , Wi-Fi settings in your phone/tablet --- let it connect to Phantom , you will get CONNECTED NO INTERNET , this is correct , you don't need internet to fly , start DJI GO , it will recognize your P3S , camera button will be blue , hit the blue camera button

Ok DJI go is on flashing red signal weak it's right her in front of me and beeping won't stop. My bad my left stick was snapped in the off position. But I can't get motors to start.

Before I started anything I downloaded the newest update on my desktop transferred it to micro SD then inserted in the camera red light on camera gimble is flashing red. Green lights in the back flashing green real fast.

Last edited:
You may need to format your new SC card

Ok DJI go is on flashing red signal weak

Are you indoors our outdoors?

Before I started anything I downloaded the newest update on my desktop transferred it to micro SD then inserted in the camera red light on camera gimble is flashing red

Did you start & leave the controller off while the aircraft was updating? Once the latest firmware is on the SD card and in the aircraft, you'll have to turn the aircraft on (best without the controller on & without the propellers on). The light on the gimbal should flash green/red green/red green/red until it is finished updating, then go to solid green. This can sometimes take a fair amount of time (I've had up to 20 minutes). Once the update is complete you can turn off the aircraft, then restart everything.

TIP: If you click on the menu of the DJI app (before entering camera mode) and select 'tutorials', there is a good amount of useful videos. There are videos in there explaining how to do the remote controller update as well.

You'll get this figured out and be flying in no time, Enjoy!

I am sure indoors. I thought I finally had it everything was on it was upgrading. Then it stopped beeping and started growling. It keeps saying device disconnected everything looks fine

Did you start & leave the controller off while the aircraft was updating? Once the latest firmware is on the SD card and in the aircraft, you'll have to turn the aircraft on (best without the controller on & without the propellers on). The light on the gimbal should flash green/red green/red green/red until it is finished updating, then go to solid green. This can sometimes take a fair amount of time (I've had up to 20 minutes). Once the update is complete you can turn off the aircraft, then restart everything.

TIP: If you click on the menu of the DJI app (before entering camera mode) and select 'tutorials', there is a good amount of useful videos. There are videos in there explaining how to do the remote controller update as well.

Am I supposed to be hooked up via USB?

I think I messed up. I broke the original SD card from DJI. I installed a new card but it didn't have the DJI files that were in the original card

You will need the latest firmware from DJI (available online).

Or better yet, you should really read the manual and watch the tutorial videos DJI has provided. These things are pretty complex and without knowledge before flight you may lose your aircraft very quickly or even worse injure someone or something. There are also guidelines to follow required by the FAA (this is an aircraft and the airspace you fly in is regulated by the FAA). There may also be laws and guidelines in place that are specific to your state.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or a jerk by any means and I'm not trying to ruin your fun, I just really want you to do yourself a favor and read up.

You will need the latest firmware from DJI (available online).

Or better yet, you should really read the manual and watch the tutorial videos DJI has provided. These things are pretty complex and without knowledge before flight you may lose your aircraft very quickly or even worse injure someone or something. There are also guidelines to follow required by the FAA (this is an aircraft and the airspace you fly in is regulated by the FAA). There may also be laws and guidelines in place that are specific to your state.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or a jerk by any means and I'm not trying to ruin your fun, I just really want you to do yourself a favor and read up.

No I don't consider you having any bad intent. My biggest problem is losing all the original DJI files on the SD card I broke. Until I replace those files I think I'm dead in the water. I have read and watched ever video I can find.

Go to dji main website > Under the support tab select 'phantom' > select the 'phantom 3 standard' > scroll down and click the 'Downloads' tab
From there you will see the latest firmware download, as well as a pdf of the directions of how to update your aircraft (via SD card).

I suggest first formatting your SD card (FAT32 complete format, if your using PC un-check 'quick format' and let it do a complete format)
Use a trusted SD card that you already know works well (I've had problems with some Samsung and Panasonic cards)

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl