The DSLRPro Gimbal And the Phantom 2????

Reaction score
As you can see in the attached picture. I bought a DSLRPro Gimbal to fit my P2. I was told it would fit. Unless I'm missing something, I can't see how it would fit.
First, I see a couple cables on top. I don't think I could mount it flush to the P2. Also, there is only 2 mounting holes that I think won't match.
It also came with those V looking mounts. I have no idea how that would fit.by the way, the holes on those mounts don't line up.
Can anyone see how this would mount?
What the heck are those black Phantom Series cards do?
TNX

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 476
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 444
Here are some pictures of that gimbal mounted on a Phantom that came from ebay.
Do these pictures give you all any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 502
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 489
ebay link?
Looks like you dont have a part that matches the pictures.
There is a bit that mounts to the Phantom first by the look of it that the gimbal then fixes too?
Dont know what those cards are all about,its not a stockDJI part.
You could scan the QR codes on the cards and see what comes up,maybe some instructions?

It looks identical to a DYS smart 3 axis gimbal. Those v looking mounts are for fitting it to a rail system on bigger quads. I have a DYS fitted to my Phantom 1 which uses two spacers which fit though the two holes either side of the yaw motor. The Phantom 2 has a different fixing arrangement on its underside. I have seen youtube videos of it fitted to a Phantom 2 but it does need some form of adapter board that screws to the underside of the P2.
I would contact the supplier of the gimbal as certainly nothing you show above will allow it to be fitted to a P2 only a P1 or bigger craft.

bill

Looking at the last picture on the right there is a board fitted to the underside of the phantom and the gimbal fits to that board. So you need for the seller to supply that board. As it stands it will currently only fit to the P1 directly.

Looking at your picture compared to the ebay onesis yours not assembled the wrong way round?

Does anyone know where I can get an adapter for this Gimble? I'm guessing the wiring will need an adapter too?

fly-catchers said:
Looking at the last picture on the right there is a board fitted to the underside of the phantom and the gimbal fits to that board. So you need for the seller to supply that board. As it stands it will currently only fit to the P1 directly.

Now that you mention it... Yep I see it now. Dang!

I was just thinking..... Why couldn't I build my own adapter? Get a piece of PC board or some other strong/light material and drill my own holes.

smallman28 said:
Looking at your picture compared to the ebay onesis yours not assembled the wrong way round?
You might be right. I'll go check that.
Thanks

Does anyone know of a part number or name of an adapter for my DSLRPros 3 Axis Gimbal to my Phantom 2????
I could sure use the help.
Tnx

I'm interested in why you would buy this gimbal over the highly successful and popular H3 3D?

It's designed to work with your Phantom, and I don't think the pricing is that different.

Just curious. No offence intended.

Darren

fastsmiles said:
How much is the DSLRPROS gimbal?
Not knowing what I'm doing... :oops:
I paid $100 U.S. new. Looking for the cheapest gimbal for the buck.
I would love to get the H3 3D. How much would that be?
No offense at all. Y'all are helping me and I appreciate it!

Well.....
I just bought the DJI Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal for Phantom 2 from UAV-Outlet. I figure why keep messing around, when this was built for my P2. I can keep reading about everyone's H3-3D.
Does anyone want a DSLRPro 3 axis gimbal? New and unused.

fastsmiles said:
How much is the DSLRPROS gimbal?
I'll give you a great deal on it. :)
I just bought the DJI Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal for P2. Less hassle.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94