The best ever response from DJI customer service support centre

Reaction score
Now you have to remember that this is from a multi billion dollar company and they are sending this out to a customer (me)

All I want is my drone fixed after their software failed.

Screen_Shot_2016_10_01_at_08_32_25.png

Reactions: Carlton Adams
Thats the issue, they keep saying 2 things.

1) the drone landed safely according to the logs.
2) the drone is crash damaged and not covered under warranty.

They are yet to officially accept that the signal was totally lost on the drone which I recorded here:

I have been VERY disappointed with DJI's service so far. Got my P4 on Aug 11, 2 weeks later the Micro SD slot failed to hold the chip in place and I have been without the bird since then. LONG time to wait for a simple repair. They should have just sent me a brand new one. Now they've shipped it to the wrong address and I have to wait another 5 days for UPS to re direct it. It took me 5 emails to explain that I as the receiver DO NOT have the ability to tell UPS to change the address, thats up to the SHIPPER. I got many similar , "Thanks for your understanding" emails and the reality is that the only thing I understand is that DJI doesn't understand. They really need to hire a small group of English speaking customer service professionals and make a commitment to being a product in North America. I should have waited for the GoPro drone, at least I would have had a stabilized camera to use on the ground. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. And I spent the extra $300 dollars for a service plan.

Reactions: Cactus Wren
I just had a good session over chat (Pardon the lengthy transcript):

"
How may I help you?
您好,感谢您联系DJI 在线技术支持,我是Ella,很高兴为您服务!
为了保证对您的服务,如遇聊天意外中断,我们将为您安排后续回电,请问方便提供您的电话号码给我吗?
Thanks for contacting DJI support! This is Ella.li, how can I help you?

04:36

ME:Hello,what can I do for you?

REP:Hi Ella

ME:So I had a chat with 'Sophia' last night

She took my email

my phone number

I was promised I would receive an email and a case number to follow-up

I got nothing
04:37

REP:hi

ME:This is Tech Support Chat right?

REP:yes

sorry for the trouble

ME:No worries
04:38

can you look up if there is any case under my email/name/account?

REP:Sorry to tell you the staff

who you contact before is not available now

ME:Yeah it's OK

REP:Could you tell me your email?

ME:I just want to know if my issue is being looked into

[email protected]

REP:I will check if there is case on your account

ok

one sec

ME:thanks

04:41

REP:I have checked it.there is no case on this email account

ME::(

So she lied to me

REP:sorry

ME:that is unfortunate

So what do I need to do?

I don't want to start all over again and be flushed down the toilet drain

REP:She may be creating it at present
04:42

ME:Oh come on

REP:I will check with here

ME:How would she remember what we said?

REP:check with her when she is on duty?

ME:pffffffft

when is she on duty?

Come on I work in Customer Support too

If there is no case

she wont create it when back from her days off
04:43

REP:she is offduty for 4 days

ME:Well there you go

REP:I will consult with here to know more information

ME:So I report an issue, no case is created and then she is off for 4 days????

You must be joking right?
04:44

ME:So what's the latest firmware version for the P4?

ME:Can you give me the Firmware Number please?
SYSTEM MESSAGE:Thank you for contacting the DJI support!

ME:????
There are 2 customers in queue. We will connect you with an agent as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!"

And that's all folks! Pretty good huh?

Oh, and if you're wondering why I asked the latest FW Number, was to see if I was really talking to an Tech Rep or a bot....

Here is a tip, stick to plain English and you will get a lot further. Likely they would have no idea what you meant by "no worries", being "flushed down the toilet" ect. They will follow you pretty well if you stick to simple sentences.

Here is a tip, stick to plain English and you will get a lot further. Likely they would have no idea what you meant by "no worries", being "flushed down the toilet" ect. They will follow you pretty well if you stick to simple sentences.

For sure, but that's hardly the point is it?

It's precisely the point. If you want a good outcome.

Hmmm, fair enough.

I guess my bad for being surprised that in spite of all assurances and having taken my personal details, my case wasn't logged. And for the awesome promises of looking into it when the colleague is back when clearly they wouldn't.

Btw, yesterday's chat was flawless, but appearances....

Anyway, my problem is app related and I was just looking how to submit a documented bug report and got confirmation over chat this was the right place to do so.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I phoned the UK support number when I had problems with DJI Assistant and VPS calibration. Got put through to Manila (my company has an office there, so I know the drill and we are probably on the same road near Makati too) and a lady who tried to help but I went off script. I followed her (pointless) suggestions to no avail, eventually got impatient and politely gave up.

Not her fault, DJI are being "cheap" by farming stuff out to a call centre rather than hiring more expensive experienced techs, which given their call routing they should probably do instead.

Reactions: MGR457

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl