Thankyou DJI for bricking my Phantom with this stupid update

Your post title is very misleading. This isn't the definition of "Bricking" due to an update.
It's not misleading. He means he can't get off the freaking ground due to this crappy update. I am going through the same problem. If you visit the dji go app reviews on Google play you will see 50 to 100 more complaints of the same issues. I can't even get the freaking app to enter flight mode. No connection to copter. I had to replace my lost phone and the only option now is the dji go app which truly sucks! Even if I wanted to use my older working version I can't because the new app won't recognize it. I

100 or so complaints about an app being used by tens of thousands is NOT bad. Im not sure what you meant by your last sentence, but I have Pilot 1.1 or 1.2 on Dropbox. Its been posted a few times, but I can get the link up again if you want it.

100 or so complaints about an app being used by tens of thousands is NOT bad. Im not sure what you meant by your last sentence, but I have Pilot 1.1 or 1.2 on Dropbox. Its been posted a few times, but I can get the link up again if you want it.
Trust me this is a huge problem. I used hundreds based on that was all I had time to scroll through. There are many more and growing everyday. I love dji but this is very scary and unexpected for a lot of users. My big problem is that the app itself doesn't work properly. The older app worked perfectly fine but everyday I kept getting prompted to update. Now I'm screwed. I only updated because I lost my older Galaxy phone and had to replace it thus installing the new app. I don't believe uploading the older firmware will help because the dji go app is the only app currently available. And it won't allow me any visual communication with my drone.

I have the old app, and firmware for that matter. I was offering the old APP, as you, and many others didnt seem to have the issues prior to transitioning to GO. Im not trying to say there arent issue. Not at all. Just that making a blanket, Android support sucks, statement is hardly accurate. They are dealing with 4 iOS products vs hundreds of Android products. Its not even a slightly fair comparison.

Trust me this is a huge problem. I used hundreds based on that was all I had time to scroll through. There are many more and growing everyday. I love dji but this is very scary and unexpected for a lot of users. My big problem is that the app itself doesn't work properly. The older app worked perfectly fine but everyday I kept getting prompted to update. Now I'm screwed. I only updated because I lost my older Galaxy phone and had to replace it thus installing the new app. I don't believe uploading the older firmware will help because the dji go app is the only app currently available. And it won't allow me any visual communication with my drone.

If you scroll through this thread a couple people shared links to download pilot app 1.1.0 and 1.2.0. Goodluck!

So My Phantom won't get bricked after all? Wow so many of us were afraid our phantoms would get BRICKED. That is a powerful word to use you know? With 3800 and something reads of this thread too.

I'm so releaved now... And to think it was just a stupid mistake and not the DJI side at all.
Wow I wonder how many possible DJI buyers stepped back from doing anything.

Reactions: Fplvert
So My Phantom won't get bricked after all? Wow so many of us were afraid our phantoms would get BRICKED. That is a powerful word to use you know? With 3800 and something reads of this thread too.

I'm so releaved now... And to think it was just a stupid mistake and not the DJI side at all.

Well, it could just be my phone. But, more and more people are popping out with the same issue or relative as what I'm experiencing

Its the same old story with DJI. Some work but a few always don't. They should all work and work as advertised. There are always some, maybe even several no matter what model, that don't work. That sucks. Nobody, not even DJI knows why some do and some don't. Everyone that buys one, everyone, expects them to work. If it doesn't and they don't fix it, they are being ripped off. Getting ripped off will piss anyone off.

Well for me I finally got my Note 3 to work with the new Go App,
What was the problem?????
Bad USB3 cable, replaced it and now it works. Yes there is some video lag as compared to my wife iPad Mini 2, yet as I mentioned in my OP, I need to stay on android because I also use Lightbridge and this is only supported on Android no IOS.

Reactions: III% Streve
There are a few that have issues with phones/tablets that are listed as supported. The vast majority of those having trouble are NOT supported devices. That is NOT a DJI failure. Many of those that have issues are centered around app install problems. Of those, most are solved by uninstalling, deleting the DJI folder, and reinstalling fresh. Is that not an accurate depiction?

Its the same old story with DJI. Some work but a few always don't. They should all work and work as advertised. There are always some, maybe even several no matter what model, that don't work. That sucks. Nobody, not even DJI knows why some do and some don't. Everyone that buys one, everyone, expects them to work. If it doesn't and they don't fix it, they are being ripped off. Getting ripped off will piss anyone off.

Brings me back to my point that the Phantom 3 was far from being ready to release. It been out 4 months and there just now getting around to promised features like the live stream to YouTube. This feature wasn't available to android users using pilot app. It's finally available to the new DJI Go app. I also won't forget about the dreaded 1.2.x update. A lot of people were pissed off for months after losing 1.1.7 and 1.1.9 firmware versions. They early released it to compete with the 3dr solo. It's a shame because it really put a bad taste in my mouth about DJI and I'm sure many others felt the same. They still don't have the followed me mode and point of interest they advertised.

Reactions: Stephan
Brings me back to my point that the Phantom 3 was far from being ready to release. It been out 4 months and there just now getting around to promised features like the live stream to YouTube. This feature wasn't available to android users using pilot app. It's finally available to the new DJI Go app. I also won't forget about the dreaded 1.2.x update. A lot of people were pissed off for months after losing 1.1.7 and 1.1.9 firmware versions. They early released it to compete with the 3dr solo. It's a shame because it really put a bad taste in my mouth about DJI and I'm sure many others felt the same. They still don't have the followed me mode and point of interest they advertised.
That's where I'm at now. My P3 has been at DJI in L.A. for 8 weeks now. They haven't even looked at it yet. Talk about pissed.

True that, I've been hurriedly running through this thread while checking my Pilot app. still works!
Haha, 1.1.0 still works on Shield and the latest firmware seems solid.

iOS users had their own problems. DJI GO Replaced their Pilot App. but didn't brick anything. So here's a thought, use iOS to get your firmware updates (if you want them) and leave your Android on 1.1.0 or 1.2.0 that worked before.

I try not to fix stuff that's not broken. Good luck with your birds!

Reactions: Stephan
Finally figured my Samsung s5 got it to fly I didn't upload new firmware on the aircraft
Are you saying you haven't yet upgraded the firmware on the aircraft?-- but that the new Go app on the Samsung S5 is flying the aircraft on the older firmware?

Are you saying you haven't yet upgraded the firmware on the aircraft?-- but that the new Go app on the Samsung S5 is flying the aircraft on the older firmware?

The app.. all versions.. runs all of the last 4 or 5 versions of firmware fine. Both on Android and iOS. Yes

Well for me I finally got my Note 3 to work with the new Go App,
What was the problem?????
Bad USB3 cable, replaced it and now it works. Yes there is some video lag as compared to my wife iPad Mini 2, yet as I mentioned in my OP, I need to stay on android because I also use Lightbridge and this is only supported on Android no IOS.
Actually, Lightbridge is the communication link between the controller and the bird. Nothing to do with the tablet or phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18