Thankyou DJI for bricking my Phantom with this stupid update

To some extent, it doesn't matter to me what tablet DJI said worked. I just looked at the approved list and bought one (in my case, the Nexus 7 II). It has been buggy as could be. If DJI had just said "buy a Apple Air 2" and that had functioned super, I'd be a happy camper.

Well I had a similar occurrence today. Long drive and a long hike. I set up my phantom then go to start app and it has gone. No dji pilot only the new dji go. I thought I would try it anyway. Lovely flight first time on the beach and 20 mph gusting winds but it was perfect!
I haven't updated the aircraft itself though. Is this a problem? What are the drawbacks of the dji go app?

Well I had a similar occurrence today. Long drive and a long hike. I set up my phantom then go to start app and it has gone. No dji pilot only the new dji go. I thought I would try it anyway. Lovely flight first time on the beach and 20 mph gusting winds but it was perfect!
I haven't updated the aircraft itself though. Is this a problem? What are the drawbacks of the dji go app?
I found out today, that flying with the DJI GO app may be a problem it the P3 is on anything but 1.3.2. According to my testing this afternoon-- the are connection issues. My Ipad upgraded to the DJI GO app automatically-- the controller was still on 1.9.1. So, I had to update the controller because it the new app would not automatically upgrade the firmware in the controller.. So when I did that, the new app and the controller would connect to the 1.9.1 Phantom, but the connection would drop in about 5 seconds. Nothing else to do but upgrade the Phantom to 1.3.2. Ran the upgrade successfully and this restored full connection to the app.
So by the IOS automatically upgrading the DJI Pilot app and on some controllers, that firmware will automatically update to 1.3.2-- then connection is going to be lost if the firmware on the P3 is not the same.

Last edited:
I found out today, that flying with the DJI GO app may be a problem it the P3 is on anything but 3.2.1. According to my testing this afternoon-- the are connection issues. My Ipad upgraded to the DJI GO app automatically-- the controller was still on 1.9.1. So, I had to update the controller because it the new app would not automatically upgrade the firmware in the controller.. So when I did that, the new app and the controller would connect to the 1.9.1 Phantom, but the connection would drop in about 5 seconds. Nothing else to do but upgrade the Phantom to 3.2.1. Ran the upgrade successfully and this restored full connection to the app.
So by the IOS automatically upgrading the DJI Pilot app and on some controllers, that firmware will automatically update to 3.2.1-- then connection is going to be lost if the firmware on the P3 is not the same.

sucks that it updated automatically?!

sucks that it updated automatically?!
Someone else suggested that it was planned that way-- If the app and controller was auto updated, then you are forced to upgrade the P3 or it wont connect. Maybe DJI is wiser than people give them credit for. That is one way to get every one on the same Versions and upgrades

Someone else suggested that it was planned that way-- If the app and controller was auto updated, then you are forced to upgrade the P3 or it wont connect. Maybe DJI is wiser than people give them credit for. That is one way to get every one on the same Versions and upgrades

I have 2 P3s one is awesome, the other is rubbish... the awesome one I have not updated, the first one was plagued with issues from the day it arrived. I would prefer to wait out the updates!

I found out today, that flying with the DJI GO app may be a problem it the P3 is on anything but 3.2.1. According to my testing this afternoon-- the are connection issues. My Ipad upgraded to the DJI GO app automatically-- the controller was still on 1.9.1. So, I had to update the controller because it the new app would not automatically upgrade the firmware in the controller.. So when I did that, the new app and the controller would connect to the 1.9.1 Phantom, but the connection would drop in about 5 seconds. Nothing else to do but upgrade the Phantom to 3.2.1. Ran the upgrade successfully and this restored full connection to the app.
So by the IOS automatically upgrading the DJI Pilot app and on some controllers, that firmware will automatically update to 3.2.1-- then connection is going to be lost if the firmware on the P3 is not the same.
3.2.1 ??
You probably mean 1.3.2

I agree. Good luck. After a long and frustrating chat with DJI they sent me a link to Pilot 1.2.0. Don't know if this will solve your problem, but here you go.

http://set3.mail.qq.com/cgi-bin/ftn...a0e0a4514054f504d524b50445f615f&code=44abcbe1
Just tried that too... No luck. However, instead of automatically popping up with the "unfortunately, DJI has stopped" instead it freezes and the picture gets stuck about 30 seconds later it pops up with message saying "DJI pilot app is not responding". I tried with developer mode on and off and usb debugging on and off also reset my phone still no luck. My google play notification popped up and said DJI Go has an update. I went ahead and tried to update. Now back to square 1. "Unfortunately, DJI has stopped" as soon as I click camera view. So maybe we're getting there or figuring out my issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure you were intentionally trying to trick those of us that struggle to keep up with all the updates coming thick and fast :confused:
No, I am very bad in transposing numbers, and I have been typing 3.2.1 all day-- guess I need to go back and fix those posts. LOL:confused::confused::cool:

Reactions: Stephan
So I just started setting up my new P3P, I also fly a DJI S900 with Lightbridge.
I am using a Note 3. I tried everything to get the GO app on Android to work, no luck. So I busted out my wife's iPad mini 2, installed the GO app and everything works. The GO app did upgrade the transmitter and I had successfully upgraded the FW on the P3P.

Now back to my Note, I have USB debugging enabled, the GO app does start up but I get no camera view and if hit the "equipment" button nothing happens.
P3P and transmitter both have green lights on and the gimbal wheel works, that's it cannot CSC the motors.
I would be fine using my iPad mini, yet the problem is DJI Lightbridge is only on Android.
What am I missing?

For what it's worth I just updated everything with no issues. I'm using a Note 4 with the latest GO app. I was prompted to update my p3p and rc. Everything worked perfectly the 1st try...

Dave

So I just started setting up my new P3P, I also fly a DJI S900 with Lightbridge.
I am using a Note 3. I tried everything to get the GO app on Android to work, no luck. So I busted out my wife's iPad mini 2, installed the GO app and everything works. The GO app did upgrade the transmitter and I had successfully upgraded the FW on the P3P.

Now back to my Note, I have USB debugging enabled, the GO app does start up but I get no camera view and if hit the "equipment" button nothing happens.
P3P and transmitter both have green lights on and the gimbal wheel works, that's it cannot CSC the motors.
I would be fine using my iPad mini, yet the problem is DJI Lightbridge is only on Android.
What am I missing?
So you can do everything, including fly, with the iPad, but not even power the motors with the Note?

What am I missing?

My Samsung s5 was working perfectly fine up til this day. I'm actually bummed about it because I no longer have gps access from my mobile services. The only way I fixed the the problem with the app not recognizing the aircraft or r/c. Were these following steps.

Uninstall DJI app whether DJI Go or Pilot or whatever you have been using with your S900. Completely delete all DJI files. *Factory reset device. Update OS on device. Turn Developer Mode ON. Enable USB Debugging. Install DJI Go. Make sure app is up to date. Open app. Click "How To connect". Turn on Remote Control. Turn on Aircraft. Plug USB to device and remote control. Press back arrow. You should now see it say "Enter Camera View" where the "How To Connect" button was.

However, once I press "Enter Camera View" I get a message automatically that says "Unfortunately, DJI has stopped. App closes every time. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj