Thankyou DJI for bricking my Phantom with this stupid update

D

DrewFlies

Drove 4 hours away to film something. Didnt realize theres a new update. I had the original pilot app. Everytime I went to open camera view i got app unfortunately stopped. I tried at least 20 times. Restartrd my samsung s5. Tried updating app. Downloaded DJI Go. Still getting same error. Thanks a lot DJI I just drove 4 hours for nothing because you wont even let me use the original app and firmware that I been flying fine with. Im so aggravated its not even funny.

Not updating the app hasn't stopped my P3P. I'm still 1.1.0 Pilot App.

What firmware are you running?

I was runninh 1.1.0 now i just lost that because DJI replace it with DJI GO.

Now i factory reset my phone. Now my phantom 3 wont even connect to app and Im still able to fly manually just no POV. Before it connected to app but when I clicked camera view app would crash

Reactions: Gearie
I will certainly say this is bricking my phantom 3. I just lost out on a very important gig. My P3P was working perfectly fine with current software and firmware I had on. 1.1.9 firmware and 1.1.0 pilot. Now, all of sudden that they have DJI GO I kept trying to connect to camera view and app kept crashing. I assumed the app was offline or something because of the new DJI GO. I was so desperate for this gig I went to update newest pilot app which now can't be found on google play store. Only DJI Go can be found int the play store. I downloaded it, updated and installed it. Still crashing. Factory reset phone, Completely removed any DJI files off phone. Reinstalled, now it won't even connect to my P3P it keeps telling me "how to connect". I try clicking "equipment" nothing happens. I uninstalled app again. Reinstalled. Same thing. I CSC the phantom just to see if its connecting. Propellers fired up and p3 lifted up. I landed it and CSC again to kill motors. I don't even have the option to click camera view now. It just says "equipment" where camera view was. To me this is a plain and clear definition of bricking. I can't use my P3 at all because of a stupid update and whether its my phone or not should really not matter. It was working perfectly find up until this update. Now I'm forced to download newest firmware and see if that corrects my issue. **** DJI is really pissing me off now.

You basically said all that already. But you didnt answer anything.

Did you re-enable developer mode in the phone? That should help with the connecting of the phone to the controller. The app has nothing to do with actually FLYING the phantom.

I gave you a link to the older Pilot app. Did you use it? What did it solve?

You basically said all that already. But you didnt answer anything.

Did you re-enable developer mode in the phone? That should help with the connecting of the phone to the controller. The app has nothing to do with actually FLYING the phantom.

I gave you a link to the older Pilot app. Did you use it? What did it solve?

I'm not sure how to get that file onto my phone. It won't let me. I factory reset my phone and I updated OS. DJI seems to be completely off my phone. Anyway to verify?

KFS79bP.jpg

Completely factory reset phone. Updated to newest OS. Downloaded your file you shared.(thankyou for 1.1.0 pilot app) Turned on RC. Turned aircraft. Plugged usb to phone and remote. Opened up Pilot app. Clicked camera view. Same thing happened.

This was same messege I kept getting on the DJI Go app until I factory reseted phone. Downloaded and updated DJI GO. Once everything was turned on and opened my phone wouldnt sync to app. It kept telling me how to connect. But wouldnt connectm

You need to look up how to enable "developer mode" on your phone. I cant because I dont know what you have and what os your running. It MIGHT help. Also try another usb cable.

Developer mode turn on. Did you want me to turn on USB debugging? Also going to try another usb cable.

turned on Developer. Tried with 2x different USB cables. App is still crashing.

funny never had this problem before. This is the only app that crashes and people want to blame my phone. too funny.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie