Thankyou DJI for bricking my Phantom with this stupid update

Can you try another cable? Although that doesnt matter either. You can fly a P3 without a tablet connected at all.

My Samsung s5 was working perfectly fine up til this day. I'm actually bummed about it because I no longer have gps access from my mobile services. The only way I fixed the the problem with the app not recognizing the aircraft or r/c. Were these following steps.

Uninstall DJI app whether DJI Go or Pilot or whatever you have been using with your S900. Completely delete all DJI files. *Factory reset device. Update OS on device. Turn Developer Mode ON. Enable USB Debugging. Install DJI Go. Make sure app is up to date. Open app. Click "How To connect". Turn on Remote Control. Turn on Aircraft. Plug USB to device and remote control. Press back arrow. You should now see it say "Enter Camera View" where the "How To Connect" button was.

However, once I press "Enter Camera View" I get a message automatically that says "Unfortunately, DJI has stopped. App closes every time. Good luck.

I will give it a try.
It will be interested to see if your sequence of turning things on makes a difference

Can you try another cable? Although that doesnt matter either. You can fly a P3 without a tablet connected at all.
Hmm, without a mobile device connected I cannot get the motors to turn on.
In this case it only works with the iPad mini

That sequence has a lot of unneeded fluff. There is no purpose in doing a factory reset. But if your going to do a reset then there is no point in removing the app or directory.

Skip the reset, uninstall, delete the DJI folder, reinstall whatever version your going to use. Check USB debuging is on and developer mode is on. No point at all in going to the connection instructions, just connect the cable, start the app and turn on the radio. Then hit "enter camera view"

Then there is something really strange about your radio.. I just flew mine around the living room with no tablet at all.

I will give it a try.
It will be interested to see if your sequence of turning things on makes a difference

It's possible. Try just restarting your phone. But, this didn't work for me. If scroll to your device on the main page of the app. Whether you have the Pro, Advance or Standard. Then click how to connect it will give you the same sequence I just told you. I just followed what they said. It also looks as if your suppose to click "How To Connect" in the app before you turn on the air craft and R/C. Because the very last step then says now click the equipment page or something like that.

No point at all in going to the connection instructions, just connect the cable, start the app and turn on the radio. Then hit "enter camera view"

This works too, once your app recognizes the aircraft. But, believe me I farted around with it all day. I just could not get passed the "How To Connect" step until I went ahead with the steps I mentioned and even that still has not gotten me past the "Enter Camera View" step.

Then there is something really strange about your radio.. I just flew mine around the living room with no tablet at all.

I never tried flying around the phantom in my living room yet. I'm sure I will one day and without a tablet. Do you fly in P, A or F mode when flying in your living room and do you you want for certain lights to come on like all green. Normally when I start up the aircraft and R/C in my house it stay on a yellow blinking light. I'm guessing not enough satellites acquired. I'm interested in your thoughts.

All the "How to connect" crap does is open a PDF file. Its hardly performing some special function. The real problem in this case is that the radio isnt connecting to the transmitter properly. There is no reason at all why it wont fly perfectly fine, in ATTI mode, with nothing beyond the transmitter and P3

I dont know that it matter what mode you try to put it in since it has no satellites its forced into ATTI mode. Front lights are solid red, back blink green. I dont make a habit of it, too easy to break something. The P3, the $4000 TV, or a window. I just did it to test for this situation.

my brand new P3 pro has also been bricked by the latest firmware upgrade - NO SIGNAL and no support "£$%^&*()*&^%$£"£$%^&* junked

Well I have tried everyone's advice with my Note 3 still no go.
iPad Mini 2 all works as advertised.
Very frustrating indeed.

Always check before leaving on long trips. Proper planning prevents piss poor performance.
Got a better idea ----- if everything is working fine turn your tablet to airplane mode and you'll never need another update and tell DJI to screw themselves. Same exact thing happened to me. New regs and mandated firmware updates are going to neuter your drone FAA, Congress, everybody wants to neuter us so just turn off your tablet, lock it in airplane mode and never mess with an update again. I saved the last update on a micro SD card incase I need to update a new battery but other than that I'm good.

Very frustrating indeed.
Did you try spooling up the motors with no tablet, no cable. Just power on the radio, and power on the P3... Let it sit till it get green blinking rear lights, then CSC start the motors?

Very frustrating indeed.

This is the same issue I was having. Got my P3P on weds and couldn't get past the "how to connect" window with my Note 3. I had turned on developer mode, and authorized USB debugging. Nothing was happening.
Turns out I had to take one more step on my Note 3, and I hope this is all you have to do: Go back into your settings and go to developer mode, below the tab/checked box to "authorize USB debugging" is a tab that says something like "revoke/reset USB debugging - click on that. That was all I needed to do and after 3 days of frustration, and me about to return the drone - this simple fix was all it took. The P3P flies great!

If you cant be helpful why bother answering...

99% of the crap on this forum isn't helpful it's a repost of the same thing over and over because people are to lazy to search. Amazes me how some are even smart enough to operate these drones.

Reactions: III% Streve
99% of the crap on this forum isn't helpful it's a repost of the same thing over and over because people are to lazy to search. Amazes me how some are even smart enough to operate these drones.

Seems pretty helpful to me! Someone has to talk a little reality when that kind of nonsense starts rolling.

Self imposed police again... why be combative. Other than being police, why even answer if you feel that way?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka