TFRs and getting permission to fly

Reaction score
Hey all, I've had my Part 107 since April and have a firm understanding of the rules in my rural Georgia area, but I wanted to run a situation across here to get some thoughts from the community.

I live in Perry, GA and am working with the City of Perry to produce a short 'commercial' for their marketing department, and there is the Georgia National Fair coming to town in a few weeks, the largest fair in Georgia. In recent years, there has been a TFR in place (understandably so), but the city is really tight with the commission over the event and the venue, so getting permission from them to fly along the perimeter of the venue wouldn't be an problem I would imagine, however, I know with a TFR the FAA is involved, and I certainly don't have time to get a waiver at this point.

So I'm wondering - is permission from the venue and the commission sufficient? Heck, will my Phantom 3 Pro even allow me to fly near an area with a TFR?

Any tips?

You'll have to get permission from the issuing body (sounds like the GNF) and then you'll have to contact the FAA and let them know or you could create a whole lot of stink over nothing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart