testing max range in city

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have purchased a used Phantom 3 Advanced and I was wondering if it is normal to get only 400-600m max distance inside city/park. should I be testing it in a open space to see the real max distance?

should I be testing it in a open space to see the real max distance?
That would be ideal. Also, make sure the remote controller antennas are pointed properly and you have a direct line of sight.

Thank you. so it is kind of normal to have 400-600m max distance inside the city? a lot of buildings etcs...

There is no usual max limited distance. Assuming you're pointing your antennas properly and there is nothing in between your remote controller and Phantom, it all comes down to how much interference is in your flying area.

There is no usual max limited distance. Assuming you're pointing your antennas properly and there is nothing in between your remote controller and Phantom, it all comes down to how much interference is in your flying area.

Thanks alot! I was just getting worried when I still have not tested in open space...

btw your links under your comment is super useful!!!

Loss of line-of-sight will kill the signal a lot quicker than adding a bit of distance.

I have gone 10 times farther out at the beach, away from everything, than I have in town.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan