Terrible Video Quality

Reaction score
hi I'm new here looking to get as much help has possible,
I recently bought a DJI Phantom 3 Standard and the video and picture quality is terrible. I don't care about pictures as much mainly the video quality. I'm recording in 2.7k 30fps, when I look at the recordings it looks very bad on my iPhone 6s and even worse on the computer when I put the SD card in.
I'm using default settings because I don't know what to change.

How can I fix this? I thought they were supposed to have good quality. :(

Not enough info. Are they dark or blurry? What is terrible to you?

What are you shooting? Race cars or still landscape?

Without some basic info, nobody can help determine if it is operator error or equipment defects.

You cant expect to be shooting cinematic quality videos out of the box. There are experts here who are always improving their work.

Not enough info. Are they dark or blurry? What is terrible to you?

What are you shooting? Race cars or still landscape?

Without some basic info, nobody can help determine if it is operator error or equipment defects.

You cant expect to be shooting cinematic quality videos out of the box. There are experts here who are always improving their work.
Just shooting landscape, trees, golf course, lakes things like that.

They're blurry, this is just a screenshot as I don't know how to show it any better, the computer it almost looks worse.
image.jpg

Not enough info. Are they dark or blurry?
image.jpg

I was trying to get a picture of the sunset as well, everything's very dark and I didn't know how to make it brighter while keeping the sunset looking like that, or if it's even possible. But see how the image just doesn't look sharp and crisp?

What are your video settings? Sharpness, contrast, saturation values?
That sunset picture is asking a lot from a camera like this. That screenshot looks terrible though.

What are your video settings? Sharpness, contrast, saturation values?
That sunset picture is asking a lot from a camera like this. That screenshot looks terrible though.
They're just default, but there's no reason why my default settings would make the first screenshot look so bad

You mentioned that you were viewing the files on the SD card, so this may not help you, however, I could not figure out why my pics/vids looked terrible either. After a lot of research, I found that the Phantom stores a low res copy of your pics/vids on your phone/tablet. When you pull up the editor in the app, you will see these, and it is very easy to make a video from these accidentally. To get the full res vids, you can download them from the Phantom, or pull them from the SD card.

Jake, look at your sunset pic in post #4 and compare them to LimpGimbal's in post #8. First and foremost, they are two different cameras. Second, I would guess you have your camera in auto while LimpGimbal altered his settings in manual specifically the ISO. Finally, your sunset appears to be very rural with NO OTHER light(s) than the sun. LimpGimbal's has some other hints of light for the camera sensors to see.

Don't get frustrated that your photos are not like others here. It takes time to get there.

I would suggest that your camera is functioning as designed. Experiment with settings and positioning of the aircraft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing