Target tracking with P3P

Reaction score
To all the people saying they are upgrading to a p4 for target tracking..
There is an app for the p3 that allows this...

It's called vertical studio...

j/s

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

$19.99 for iOS

Keep in mind that the P3 is not able to see what is in front and below it self, so i personally think using target tracking to be risky, unless you are in a clear area with no risk or the target moving in a way that might send your P3 crashing into something.

In the P4 review I saw, they were trying target tracking. The guy was running around the field. If he turned to quickly right or left, it lost him. If he got back in front of the drone, he would get reacquired. Obviously if you are close to the drone, it is even easier to get out of view. It is a bit surprising that it can't determine you are turning right and left and follow you.

here was my second attempt at using the VS...
it had a hard time following the children playing in the street...I think it lost track mostly when the kids entered shadows from trees...
it had no issues following the cars or kid on the bike...

as long as I stayed behind them, maintaining flight was easy, I tried to pass one of the cars but they turned...

my post from another thread

I would suspect the tracking option would need to be closer to the subject. I have no actual experience as a I am still a P3P wannabe, but none of the tracking samples I have seen were from that distance.

I would suspect the tracking option would need to be closer to the subject. I have no actual experience as a I am still a P3P wannabe, but none of the tracking samples I have seen were from that distance.

I agree, but in fear of crashing, I flew higher...

And also monitoring a person in a crowd is difficult.

Keep in mind that the P3 is not able to see what is in front and below it self, so i personally think using target tracking to be risky, unless you are in a clear area with no risk or the target moving in a way that might send your P3 crashing into something.

Creator of Vertical here. Vertical Studio doesn't do auto-follow. you have full control over the flight while yaw and gimbal tilt control are the only things automated in tracking mode. So it's a little safer than just letting the drone go and hope it doesn't get stuck in a tree :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl