Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Tali H500 struggles to make an appearance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fair Game, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Fair Game

When Walkera first annouced the H500 more than a few people thought DJI might be put under pressure to release a Vision 3 or at least a machine that filled the gap between the Vision and the S1000. A few months down the line and everthing seems to have gone very quiet, in fact it is still almost impossible to buy a H500 from a UK dealer. Yes, they are there on eBay, but I for one won't be repeating the experience of buying from China - Last time what I ordered and what I got was entirely different!

Walkera are not a new comer to the UK or the quadcopter scene so I am left wondering why the big delay?

2. Pull_Up

Stirring up demand and storing up supplies for the Xmas market would be my suspicion...

3. CallMeAlan

4. DKDarkness

5. gunslinger

gunslinger Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm a member of a Tali forum... That bird is having some serious growing pains. I'm still interested in it, but not even tempted to supply beta testing service...

-slinger

6. macheung

Unsafe default parameters, easy to break landing gear motor, with a locked flight controller that cannot be connected to APM mission planner (their version of assist / ground station) are just a few issues. Has potential and the hardware is good, but needs some help to be actually good.m

Buy the basic package, gut the electronics for rebuild

7. Fair Game

Wonder if there are problems meeting UK regulations then?

Pity. Apart from the camera the spec seems very good on paper.

Never understood why they would fit a camera of that quality and claim the machine is for pro work!

8. Pull_Up

We did enough of that with the Mk 1 Vision, huh? :)

9. locoworks

the machine is, the camera isn't. you buy it without the gimbal and camera and mount your own set up for pro use.

10. Fair Game

Buying the machine is proving the hard bit in the UK! But yes, from what I have seen on YouTube the camera is very lack lustre. Unfortunately the way they have configured the system using a GoPro or other camera also requires the addtion of a transmitter and then you lose on screen display.

Looks a good machine, and the TX with the screen in-built would be a joy, but it does not seem to have been thought through!