Vision+ and POI

Reaction score
Point of Interest (POI) reserved for professional level drones like the S800 or S1000?? I remember someone mentioning in another thread that DJI wouldn't give a drone like the Vision+ POI capability in order to protect the sales of their higher end products... which I just think is ridiculous.. Someone else mentioned they purchased a Walkera TALI H500 after not having the best experience with their Vision+ and customer support, so I looked it up. Low and behold, this Walkera TALI H500 fully supports the POI function or as they call it "Object round flight" along with "Hyper IOC Function"... This particular quadcopter isn't much more than the Vision+. I believe competition is going to drive some of these features (that were once reserved for the professional line of products) to the lower end. IMHO, this would be a very easy feature to implement in the waypoint feature app. For those videography enthusiasts, the POI feature is huge. Until then... I guess we can just intelligently orient our 16 waypoints around a fixed object and settle for the lack of a fluid continuous motion video shot...

considering the walkera cost $1,800 dlls (plus shipping and taxes) in my case i prefer to practice the art of flying around objects :p

and for what i read walkera doesnt seem to be a strong company as dji is (besides its lack of support), i mean it seems that there are not so many users around the globe, mods, etc. buy maybe im wrong.

cahutch said:
Could you set your home point as close as possible to the POI, or right above it, and use the home lock feature to fly a circle around it?

There have been a few suggestions of this. Must get into a big field this weekend and try it out. Would be very handy. Isn't there a 10m limit? Doesn't it need to be over 10m from the POI (home point) for the rotation to work?

CBS

I just returned from trying the home lock feature to perform a POI maneuver. The nose does not fix on the center position. It will certainly fly in a circle (rather large one at 10 meters plus), but you must yaw to keep on center position...

srandall25 said:
I just returned from trying the home lock feature to perform a POI maneuver. The nose does not fix on the center position. It will certainly fly in a circle (rather large one at 10 meters plus), but you must yaw to keep on center position...

Well, that defeats the purpose then, doesn't it?

cahutch said:
Could you set your home point as close as possible to the POI, or right above it, and use the home lock feature to fly a circle around it?

There is the problem of RTHing with this home point. Especially if it is a hazardous location. Just saying. You never know 100% when signal loss will occur.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl