taking photos while video is on

I find that still grabs from the video are remarkably clear, in some cases clearer than photos taken, but the resolution is a lot smaller so cropping etc. is limited.
I think the clearest screen grabs are from 1080-60p, 4k video will give you a lot higher resolution screen grabs but your working with frames that were taken at 30 fps. VLC works good for grabbing stills.

I recently tried pulling a picture from a video and thought it was better than the camera. I was shooting 2.7 K. When I looked at the jpg file from the camera it's 72 dpi and from the video was 240 dpi.

I recently tried pulling a picture from a video and thought it was better than the camera. I was shooting 2.7 K. When I looked at the jpg file from the camera it's 72 dpi and from the video was 240 dpi.
The number of dots per inch (dpi) is due to the way you are viewing the image - not how it was created.
To compare images, you need to look at their resolution.
If you were shooting 2.7K video you would have an image size of 2704 x1520 = 4.1MP.
But when shooting stills your camera can get 4000 x 3000 =12MP

Thanks for the info Meta4.

The number of dots per inch (dpi) is due to the way you are viewing the image - not how it was created.
To compare images, you need to look at their resolution.
If you were shooting 2.7K video you would have an image size of 2704 x1520 = 4.1MP.
But when shooting stills your camera can get 4000 x 3000 =12MP

thoroughly enjoyed your aerial portfolio! 2 thumbs up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka