TACO-RC ND filters set (ND4/8/16/32) for DJI Phantom 3

Does a Taco RC rep/owner view this thread? Would love to know when i can pre order the double sided ND filters - Adam

ya i have my shopping cart open with a bunch of stuff... but almost rather just order from eBay because i know ill have something at my door by monday.... rather then waiting weeks when everyone will have their stuff available later... polar pros i purchased worked great I just need stronger nd's... polar pro website is way more legit looking...

also anyone know if the multi sided coating ones are really that much better?

also there is nothing on shipping estimates on the site... ugh...

Last edited:
I'm about to order some but rc tacos websites phone number listed on top of webpage doesnt exist ?
  • 852-81004286??? too many numbers

I purchased the polar pro 3 set and realized they won't hold up on sunny days .... so looking to get nd 16, nd32, and nd 64 .... some people have said the higher the better on sunny days....i guess i will see soon... but taco says they aren't available yet. but expected date has already passed so i dunno.
The taco site is legit. I ordered my MC filters plus an ND 64 on Friday 7/31 and they arrived today, Friday 8/7 on the East Coast of USA. 1 week shipping is very reasonable to me. The higher the number the darker the filter.

ND4 = 2 f-stops
ND8 = 3 f-stops
ND16 = 4 f-stops
ND32 = 5 f-stops
ND64 = 6 f-stops

Not sure what you mean about the expected date has already passed. The MC filters state Aug 18th. I believe those dates get adjusted as availability changes.

I had a little trouble trying to remove the principal UV filter bare handed. Used a rubber jar opener and it came right off. The taco filter I've tried so far (MC ND16) fit perfectly.

Also note that my multi pack did ship with the free zipper case. I ordered an additional case for the ND 64 and stock UV filter and the ND 64 shipped in that case. I made a note of this in the comments section when ordering, but that may not be necessary.

The taco site is legit. I ordered my MC filters plus an ND 64 on Friday 7/31 and they arrived today, Friday 8/7 on the East Coast of USA. 1 week shipping is very reasonable to me. The higher the number the darker the filter.

ND4 = 2 f-stops
ND8 = 3 f-stops
ND16 = 4 f-stops
ND32 = 5 f-stops
ND64 = 6 f-stops

Not sure what you mean about the expected date has already passed. The MC filters state Aug 18th. I believe those dates get adjusted as availability changes.

I had a little trouble trying to remove the principal UV filter bare handed. Used a rubber jar opener and it came right off. The taco filter I've tried so far (MC ND16) fit perfectly.

Also note that my multi pack did ship with the free zipper case. I ordered an additional case for the ND 64 and stock UV filter and the ND 64 shipped in that case. I made a note of this in the comments section when ordering, but that may not be necessary.

see attached photo to see what i was talking about

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-07 at 4.44.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-07 at 4.44.22 PM.png
    529.2 KB · Views: 484
Yes Taco-RC are good filters for the price.

I agree I have the complete set..the weight is one of the key advantages over others.

I have a new set of the P3 and their quality is sup-par imho.

see attached photo to see what i was talking about
I see what you mean. You may want to consider the multi pack with the ND 4 and 8 included for $10 more. You get two extra filters, a case worth $6 and a lens cap/gimbal holder, which you'll probably end up throwing in a drawer. The multi pack says available tomorrow.

What would you all recommend as first set of filters for a guy who just started out, I'm new p3p owner and have a huge bucket list of day and night shots I want to improve on. Thx!!!

What would you all recommend as first set of filters for a guy who just started out, I'm new p3p owner and have a huge bucket list of day and night shots I want to improve on. Thx!!!
As blade strike stated above, one major advantage to the Taco filters is the weight is the same as the stock UV filter. That's the reason I went with those. You can get 5 filters for $85 and they ship fast.

Reactions: III% Streve
Received my double-sided multi-coating filter today, and tried ND32 one. Quality is superb, very low color cast, unnoticeable lens flare, and does fix the jello effect perfectly.

The only complain is that the ND16 filter is a defected one. it has serious scratch outside, and the inside o-ring fells off.
I hope @ocatcr can help to solve this.
159A8974.jpg
159A8976.jpg
159A8980.jpg

he's really good at giving money back/sending new one...

**** the USPS - takes 1 day to get from HK to SF and 4 days and counting from SF to sacramento??

**** the USPS - takes 1 day to get from HK to SF and 4 days and counting from SF to sacramento??

If there is no update next week, please contact us asap. we will call HONG KONG POST http://www.hongkongpost.com and submit the enquiry form to them. They will forward it to your post office for the inspection Thanks.

Similar case for me, ordered on 7/30, shipped on 7/31, took one day to SF, and then another 5 days to arrived Seattle on 8/7.

BTW, @ocatcr just addressed the issue for my order, great great service :)

I see what you mean. You may want to consider the multi pack with the ND 4 and 8 included for $10 more. You get two extra filters, a case worth $6 and a lens cap/gimbal holder, which you'll probably end up throwing in a drawer. The multi pack says available tomorrow.

I'm actually using the gimbal holder... it wasn't a perfect fit but goes on easy enough and so far it has stayed on...... IMO its a better solution than the DJI gimbal holder plus a lens cap.

I'm actually using the gimbal holder... it wasn't a perfect fit but goes on easy enough and so far it has stayed on...... IMO its a better solution than the DJI gimbal holder plus a lens cap.
If I didn't already have a lens cap, I'd use it. I find the original gimbal holder to hold the camera more still than the Taco holder, so for me, the original gimbal holder with a separate lens cap is working well.

My lenses were not scratched but I did notice at least one loose o-ring. I didn't think that would make a difference but I plan to test all of the filters today.

Those of you with the MC filters, do they get fingerprints etc on easily and does this affect your images?I've heard multi coats can cause this to happen.

Those of you with the MC filters, do they get fingerprints etc on easily and does this affect your images?I've heard multi coats can cause this to happen.
I haven't touched the glass, but imagine doing so would leave a print that you could simply wipe off. Too windy to test my filters today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94