TACO-RC ND filters set (ND4/8/16/32) for DJI Phantom 3

Taco-RC released a very nice case to store DJI, Polar Pro or Taco-RC filters, its cheap and looks great (from the picture).

Ordered one and will report as soon as i get it.

link: http://taco-rc.com/details-about-ta...-case-for-dji-phantom-3-professional-advance/
Is this something nicer/better than the "free case" they say it ships with if you buy a set of them?

One other question . . . I notice that the new MC filters are labeled on each one. In the picture on their website, the regular NON-MC filters do not have a label. Is this still accurate, or do they all have labels now?

Are the MC filters worth the price difference?

Last edited:
Dropped from about a foot above the counter while swapping filters. Taco RC said it's to be expected. I'm not so sure, and certainly not happy about the durability. Also, the o-rings they come with might not be sized optimally, slightly larger--they can be difficult to get in place.

Attachments

• 20150725_122051.jpg
    20150725_122051.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 541
This may be a dumb question but everyone is talking in terms of p3p. Would these be beneficial for p3a and will they fit? the camera quality isn't 4k so will investing in something like this be beneficial?

This may be a dumb question but everyone is talking in terms of p3p. Would these be beneficial for p3a and will they fit? the camera quality isn't 4k so will investing in something like this be beneficial?
It's exactly the same. They do work on the p3a, I had one p3a and changed to a p3p and they work the same.

Dropped from about a foot above the counter while swapping filters. Taco RC said it's to be expected. I'm not so sure, and certainly not happy about the durability. Also, the o-rings they come with might not be sized optimally, slightly larger--they can be difficult to get in place.

I wanted to update the group that Taco RC is willing to replace my cracked ND filter. It seems there was a language barrier/miscommunication. In the end, decided to return the whole set and purchase the multi-coated version. I have found some reflections showing up in my footage at times, which I believe you have to accept with all filters... but I'm hoping the multi-coat will cut them down a little more. Also hoping the additional coating makes them a little stronger as I was bummed to see how easy it was to crack the ND16.

Mak says all orders made from today onward will come with the brand new mini-filter case that zips up. I can tell you that the huge case the original set shipped with is no a good fit for such small filters and I was constantly finding them sliding out of the sleeves. You should check with him but I'm guessing he mean with all new orders regardless of whether you get the regular or multi-coat version of the set.

Hi 'ocatcr' - received my filters today, yet to try them but the quality looks ace etc etc
My question regards the remote control yaw thingy with the plastic ring & elastic bands. No instructions - do you have any you could post please.

I'm asking you as you seem to have some affiliation with the taco brand.

Cheers

Pictures to show you how to install it to your remote:
2015-07-29 15.41.38.jpg 2015-07-29 15.41.51.jpg 2015-07-29 15.43.26.jpg 2015-07-29 15.43.46.jpg 2015-07-29 15.44.03.jpg

Reactions: MattyDread
Can anyone confirm that the new filters case will ship with the MC ND filters?

I see that the MC filters are the same thickness as the ones without any coating. Does the coating really make much difference??

According to some of the instructions, the way to use ND filter is to switch to manual mode, lock ISO to 100, shutter speed to two times of frame rate. But This will stop auto EV from working, right?
In my real test, shooting towards sun and away from sun usually have 1~1.5 stops of difference, which makes the footage noticeably too bright or too dark.
How does everyone deal with this?

According to some of the instructions, the way to use ND filter is to switch to manual mode, lock ISO to 100, shutter speed to two times of frame rate. But This will stop auto EV from working, right?
In my real test, shooting towards sun and away from sun usually have 1~1.5 stops of difference, which makes the footage noticeably too bright or too dark.
How does everyone deal with this?
Good question, shooting into the sun is probably the most difficult shot to make... At least to me.

Can anyone confirm that the new filters case will ship with the MC ND filters?

I see that the MC filters are the same thickness as the ones without any coating. Does the coating really make much difference??
Yes new case comes with the Mc filters for a limited time.

Thank you -

Can you explain what the difference is between the
TACO-RC Double-Sided Multi-Coating MC ND filters & the ones I've just received?

I went with the multi coated ND filters after doing a quick search on the web, some manufacturers charge a lot more for their multi coated filters compared to their single coated offering. I believe that it helps to reduce lens flare, some of the comments I read said that 99% of the time you wouldn't be able to tell the difference and others commented that it made a big difference so its probably very subjective.

I went with the multi coated ND filters after doing a quick search on the web, some manufacturers charge a lot more for their multi coated filters compared to their single coated offering. I believe that it helps to reduce lens flare, some of the comments I read said that 99% of the time you wouldn't be able to tell the difference and others commented that it made a big difference so its probably very subjective.

Cheers mate - I should have waited as they are a similar price to the ones I've just received - 4,8,16,32nd. Seem good quality btw - Also I would have got the free case & not the crappy wallet that they came in.

Hi Yall,
I need to get some decent ND filters I tried the phantomfilters...once pain in the you know where to get in and out, What does one expect for twenty bucks, I guess. The taco double sided dont seem to be available now the snakes are expensive and the Polar Pro not available for shipping till near the end of August. I live in Ireland by the time I get them I will need lights not ND filters. I don't want to have to buy and waste cash, get good ones now that are keepers. Any suggestions please?
upload_2015-7-31_16-50-6.png

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4