Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

Hello I will by used Nexus 7(2013. 2.gen) for my P3A. Will it fit to my default holder or do I need any extender? Is Nexus 7 OK with DJI Go app?

Hi all. I've joined in the fun to add my tuppence worth.
New to drones, Santa brought me a P3A and I love it!
By luck (it would seem) I had an old Sony Xperia Z1 Compact lying in a drawer as it wasn't much cope as a phone. And it worked just fine- I didn't un-install any old app's, I didn't disable Google PlayStore updates, I just installed the DJI GO app and off it went, no problems at all- just the screen was far too small for my tired old eyes.
I then tried my much younger Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini as its screen is marginally bigger- and WOW! I see what you guys mean by 'lag'!! What a piece of cr*p! Absolutely no use for FPV so it's been returned to phone duties again.
After reading the numerous threads on here (no wonder my eyes are tired lol!), I was torn between iPad2 Mini and the Nvidia Shield. I got iPad mini2- I may try the Nvidia Shield later but I'm waiting for suitable weather to try out the Apple.

Reactions: Wacker2611
Hi all,
Just joined to ask this. I'm about to buy a Phantom 3 and jump into drone photography.
I'm an android guy all the way, but I'm not opposed to getting an apple device if that's the better option.
I'm not scared to configure settings to make the tablet run smoothly, and whatever tablet I buy will likely be dedicated to the Phantom.
However, my biggest concern is app support. From what I've read, there are other apps that are eclipsing DJI's app in terms of rapid development, stability, and addition of features.
Which system (iOS or Android) seems to you guys to be willing the development wars? Which apps have you used that you can recommend?
Also, I've seen several mentions of the nVidia shield as a good choice because it has an HDMI output. Why is this desirable?
Thanks in advance for any advice. I'm excited about getting into this hobby! :)

Reactions: TrevorTron
Motorola Droid Turbo worked fine when I tried it. I could not find any other feedback when I had searched prior to ordering the P3P.

I am currently using the Samsung Tab S2 T810 w/ 9.7 screen with excellent results. It barely fits the holder and may be a tad heavy but it has great resolution and a bright screen.

Hi all,
Just joined to ask this. I'm about to buy a Phantom 3 and jump into drone photography.
I'm an android guy all the way, but I'm not opposed to getting an apple device if that's the better option.
I'm not scared to configure settings to make the tablet run smoothly, and whatever tablet I buy will likely be dedicated to the Phantom.
However, my biggest concern is app support. From what I've read, there are other apps that are eclipsing DJI's app in terms of rapid development, stability, and addition of features.
Which system (iOS or Android) seems to you guys to be willing the development wars? Which apps have you used that you can recommend?
Also, I've seen several mentions of the nVidia shield as a good choice because it has an HDMI output. Why is this desirable?
Thanks in advance for any advice. I'm excited about getting into this hobby! :)

From what I can gather, the HDMI port means you can connect goggles so you don't have to struggle to view the screen in bright light.

Re. the iOS Vs. Android question, I have tried DJI's GO on both and the iOS app does feel a bit more 'polished'. But I am not an experienced user, so far only 10 flights or so. You'll pick up a 2nd hand iPad mini2 for about the price of a new Shield. Neither will break the bank. I have not tried any 3rd party apps... yet!

Either way, I am sure you will enjoy your new hobby. Welcome to the forum.

What would be better: SM-T335 GALAXY TAB 4 8.0 inch or SM-T325 GALAXY TAB PRO 8.4 inch?

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.
I wish the Samsung Galaxy S2 9.7 wasn't nearly $500, that one looks pretty sweet.
Has anyone tried the 8" version of the S2? Is it pretty much the same spec-wise, just with a smaller screen?
That Nexus 7 for $120 on the Groupon looks like a good deal, but I'm a little concerned about the smallish screen size.
My eyes aren't great, so I was thinking something at least 8" would be a better choice.
I'm leaning towards Android at the moment, since that's the platform I'm most comfortable with, and at least I'll have a good tablet even if I don't use it for the Phantom.
I'll probably give Litchi a try, I've heard it's awesome.
I guess I'll have to just keep searching threads and reading articles until I find one that fits my needs...

i use a note 4 and works very good,the video is very stable and fluid, i use litchi and the VR mode whit a cheap VR goggles for FPV and looks very nice... and i have an ipad mini 2 for bigger screen wen i`m not doing FPV ... thinking in get the autopilot app for the ipad..

I've found several users saying they're using the Chuwi Hi8. I just bought one for flying only but went to download the DJI go app and it says on Google Play: Your device isn't compatible with this version.

Can't download the app. How do you guys use the GO app with the Hi8?

Thanks

// edit: just manually installed it through apk. maybe it works fine.

Last edited:
Not in the same league. The pro is way way better than the 4.
Thank you for info. What do You think about Galaxy Tab S 8,4 comparing to Galaxy Tab Pro? I'm going to buy one of them, but TAB S is more expensive then PRO - Im going to use it only to DJI so is any sense to pay more?

Last edited:
i use a note 4 and works very good,the video is very stable and fluid, i use litchi and the VR mode whit a cheap VR goggles for FPV and looks very nice... and i have an ipad mini 2 for bigger screen wen i`m not doing FPV ... thinking in get the autopilot app for the ipad..

How do you find the screen brightness on the N4 Vs. iPad? I just used my mini2 for the first time today, was very disappointed with the brightness. Up till now I used an old XperiaZ1 Compact phone, it was just a bit on the small side, but far brighter.

How do you find the screen brightness on the N4 Vs. iPad? I just used my mini2 for the first time today, was very disappointed with the brightness. Up till now I used an old XperiaZ1 Compact phone, it was just a bit on the small side, but far brighter.
Yes.. The mini 2 it's very short of brightness... It's better in the N4.. Lately I've been using the N4 more, because the brightness and the litchi app.. But the mini 2 whit a hood it's great for the screen size..

Enviado desde mi SM-N910C mediante Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart