Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

Tablets and phones that work well DJI GO

Overview

There are a wide variety of Apple and Android devices available. It's important to make sure you're using a device that is powerful enough in order to prevent the DJI GO app from lagging, freezing, and/or crashing during use. The following list includes devices recommended by Phantom Help (), devices recommended by DJI (), and other devices that are most often recommended by Phantom pilots.

[H][/H]

Apple Devices

iPhone 5s (4 inches)
iPhone 6 (4.7 inches)
iPhone 6 Plus (5.5 inches)
iPhone 6s (4.7 inches)
iPhone 6s Plus (5.5 inches)
iPad Air (9.7 inches)
iPad Air 2 (10 inches)
iPad Mini 2 (7.9 inches)
iPad Mini 3 (7.9 inches)
iPad Mini 4 ― (7.9 inches)
iPad Pro ― (12.9 inches)

Note:
Both Wi-Fi only and cellular iPad Air/Mini/Pro models are compatible. Only cellular models have GPS. You do not have to enable the cell service in order to use the GPS. The DJI GO app currently only requires GPS on an Apple device when using the Follow Me feature or to reset the home point to your current location if you've moved elsewhere after taking off.

Note: Tablets wider than 6.75 inches (including the case) will require an extender to be installed on the remote controller mount. The iPad Air will fit without case. This extender is designed well and will securely hold your tablet in place.

Note: Your Apple device will work better out of the box if you follow these tips.

[H][/H]

Android Devices

Acer Iconia Tab (8 inches)
Acer Iconia Tab (10.1 inches)

Google Nexus 5 (5 inches)
Google Nexus 7 [2013] (7 inches)
Google Nexus 9 (8.9 inches)
HTC One (4.7 inches)
Huawei Ascend Mate 7 ― (6.8 inches)
Huawei P8 Max ― (6.8 inches)
Lenovo A3500 (7 inches)
Lenovo Tab S8-50 (8 inches)
Nubia Z7 Mini (5 inches)
Nvidia Shield K1 (8 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (5.7 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (5.6 inches)
Samsung Galaxy S4 (5 inches)
Samsung Galaxy S5 (5.1 inches)
Samsung Galaxy S6 (5.1 inches)
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (5.1 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 ― (7 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 ― (10.1 inches)

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite (7 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (7 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 705c ― (8.4 inches)

Samsung Galaxy Tab A ―(8 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab A ―(9.7 inches)

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro (8.4 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro (10.1 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro (12.2 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 ― (8 inches)
Smartisan T1 ― (4.95 inches)

Sony Xperia Z2 (5.2 inches)
Sony Xperia Z3 (5.2 inches)
Xiaomi Mi 3 ― (5 inches)
Xiaomi Mi Pad ― (7.9 inches)

Note: Tablets wider than 6.75 inches (including the case) will require an extender to be installed on the remote controller mount. This extender is designed well and will securely hold your tablet in place.

Note: The DJI GO app currently only requires GPS on an Android device when using the Follow Me feature or to reset the home point to your current location if you've moved elsewhere after taking off.

Note: Your Android device will work better out of the box if you follow these tips.

Just curious if there are any "recommended" tablets that have built in GPS? I am currently using my Dragon Touch A1X Plus with no issues (it does have built in GPS), but I am interested in the answer about the official recommended tab's. :) Thanks.

All modern Android tablets have GPS, IOS tablets have it only if they also have cellular.
Cool, so it is safe to assume that all the listed Android tab's have GPS? When I was checking them out, none of them listed GPS as being included in the specs. Thanks for the snappy answer.

I have both an iPhone 6 (its a spare device as I carry an iPhone 6s now) and a Nexus 7 (2013) tablet. I figure the iPhone 6 will fit out of the box, but the Nexus 7 has a bigger screen if needed. I'm sure I'll play with both at various times. My only real concern about the Nexus 7 is the horrible battery life.

I have a SAMSUNG TAB 4 and works great.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Any special settings in the Nexus 7 II or DJI GO App to allow viewing of my videos and pictures in the flight logs ( icon in upper left corner of the home page on DJI go app)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think I post this question on a different board, but, I just bought a Samsung Tab 4. I notice others saying that it works great and to download the app from "the website." I go to the DJI website and all I can find to download the DJI GO app is a redirect to the Play Store. Play store tells me that my device is not compatable, as with so many others. My question is... what/where is the website that a person can download the app directly and not through the Play Store?
Thank to all the knowledgeable people out there. (probably misspelled that)

Hi,
I have read on the forum that the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 lite (I assume this is model SM-T111) works with the DJI GO APP. I purchased the Samsung Galaxy 3 Lite VE (model SM-T113) - not sure of the exact difference between the two. However, when I go to download the app onto the SM-t113 it says it is not compatible. It runs Android 4.4.4 so I had assumed it would work.
I updated the software on the tablet and still the same result - the app is not compatible.
Has anyone else tried this tablet and if so, have they found a way to get it to work?
Cheers.

I use the iPad mini 4 wifi/cellular and the iPhone 6 to fly, review and edit video on a P3P if I'm in a hurry for a edited video.

Hi,
I have read on the forum that the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 lite (I assume this is model SM-T111) works with the DJI GO APP. I purchased the Samsung Galaxy 3 Lite VE (model SM-T113) - not sure of the exact difference between the two. However, when I go to download the app onto the SM-t113 it says it is not compatible. It runs Android 4.4.4 so I had assumed it would work.
I updated the software on the tablet and still the same result - the app is not compatible.
Has anyone else tried this tablet and if so, have they found a way to get it to work?
Cheers.
You can update it to Android Lolipop 5.0 I believe and you can also side load the app direct with usb

You can update it to Android Lolipop 5.0 I believe and you can also side load the app direct with usb
Thanks for the suggestion... I managed to side load the app direct by downloading it to the tablet... Took it for a fly and all seems to be OK.. :)

Reactions: Reed L
My Tab 3 Lite works great, once I got rid of the bloatware.

You may need to d/l the Go apk file and sideload the apk.

I've used the Samsung Tab Pro, which had some issues. Now using the iPad Mini 2, which works fine but only got it because it was $100 cheaper than the Nvidia Shield at the time. The new $199 price on the K-1 is a no brainer for me for my P3A. I was about to buy the HDMI module for my P3A until I found out about the 2Mbps crap. I ordered the Headplay HD so I'm selling my ipad and getting the K-1 with HDMI out for the HP's. At least I get to save $100 on the HDMI module. I know I could switch the camera with a pro, but that seems like a pain and more money down the toilet.

I can confirm that the Go app runs fantastically on the iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s and iPad Mini 4 and can do live streaming without lag

I can confirm some issues with Samsung Note edge (mirror lags, airplane mode helps), Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (complete drop outs)

One item not mentioned with these is that if you want to use Auto Pilot it takes advantage of the built in barometer for more precision during flight missions... here is there list of recommended
tablets...
2.4 Barometer and GPS Altitude
Apple now includes a barometer on all iOS devices beginning with the iPhone 6/6+ and iPad Air 2. iOS devices with barometers can perform altitude measurements that are significantly more accurate than earlier iOS devices that are limited to GPS altitude only. If you are using an earlier iOS device, it is strongly recommended that you upgrade to a device with a barometer for optimal safety and performance while using Autopilot.
Autopilot - Autoflight Logic

Hey i was wondering if is there any way i could get my ipad mini 1 to work ? I can open the app but have not tried the camera view since my drone will be here in 2 days. Thanks

First Post. I'm using a Samsung Note 4 and a Galaxy TAB A. Both seem to work just fine.

Im using Oppo R7plus..but every time I connect with controller it seem charging my phone...any solution?already try change with 4 usb cable..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart