Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

I was running a Samsung Galaxy Tab A and it performed very well. It felt a little top heavy a but the screen was incredible and pretty bright. I couldnt resist the Nvidia Shield K1after reading the reviews abd reviewing the specs. I have it setup but havent flown it yet due to weather. The screen is slightly smaller and feels lighter, I just like it better.

That's the only Tab i have.(Tab 3) So you wouldn't recommend using it? Or still can try?

Look at the video on first post in link. That is the 4. I would expect the 3 to have more lag. I would say it can run it just is not the greatest, but I wanted almost no lag. Also you might have to sideload it I had to on the 4. So I might be more picky then some

Reactions: t2adze
Look at the video on first post in link. That is the 4. I would expect the 3 to have more lag. I would say it can run it just is not the greatest, but I wanted almost no lag. Also you might have to sideload it I had to on the 4. So I might be more picky then some
I see. So will have to sell it as i understand :(

But actually i just tried. Its available on playstore for tab3. And i did test flying indoor, 10 meter range. No lag at all. Or does lag appear on a long distances?

But actually i just tried. Its available on playstore for tab3. And i did test flying indoor, 10 meter range. No lag at all. Or does lag appear on a long distances?

It looked ok when i tested camera inside but at long distances and going fast was when it was worst. You might try it outdoors and see if I had a dud as a tablet but I think it will happen to others using it.

Here is a video someone else posted showing like I was experiencing below.

Lag appears when the bird is moving quickly. I'd suspect not many devices would show lag just hovering indoors.

Tried a MyTraveler 10"Q8b $99 from brandsmart -says not connected and no video, go downloads and fires up ok. Does anyone know if there is anything to be done in the way of settings to get it to work? Quadcore A33 Android v5.1.1 1gb ram. If go does not work, does Litchi Work instead before paying $20? any advise? Anyone with experience with android problems solved or used this tablet?
My LG Tribute duo ($99 Sprint pre paid works great -just a small screen).

Tried a MyTraveler 10"Q8b $99 from brandsmart -says not connected and no video, go downloads and fires up ok. Does anyone know if there is anything to be done in the way of settings to get it to work? Quadcore A33 Android v5.1.1 1gb ram. If go does not work, does Litchi Work instead before paying $20? any advise? Anyone with experience with android problems solved or used this tablet?
My LG Tribute duo ($99 Sprint pre paid works great -just a small screen).
try enabling USB debugging. Though I'm pretty sure that tablet is going to have a hard time decoding the live stream.

Nvidia Shield or Nvidia Shield K1?

I use the shield K1. Works great. Has mini HDMI out so you can load the video onto the device from the SD card and then plug it into any Tv with HDMI and play the footage from the bird in a matter of minutes.

I wonder if DJI will update their device list soon. I just purchased a P3 Standard a few days ago. I tried to download the DJI GO app on my LG G4 smartphone from the Google Play store but it said it was not compatible so I side loaded it. Yesterday I checked the APP again in the play store and now it shows my device (LG G4) is compatible. I want to get a tablet just to use with my P3 but holding off for now since it seems the device list may not be entirely accurate or up to date. My cell provider, Verizon has some decent deals on tablets right now but none of them are listed in the current device list. In particular they have deals on the Ellipsis 8 and LG G Pad x8.3, these seem to have similar specs as others on the list, but I hate to purchase if they will not work.

Made my first two flights with 2 batteries, so overall 4 battery packs flown with my Lenovo K3 Note and it's working absolutely perfect! It costs just about 150$ and it's a great phone. Very small video lag, good quality and no DJI GO app bugs for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart