Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

My Samsung Galaxy S Tab with the 10.5" display works great. I have uninstalled all unnecessary apps and disabled all remaining unnecessary apps that I couldn't uninstall. The large 10.5" Super Amoled display is also a real viewing pleasure. I keep the WiFi going for my maps to download from either my home WiFi or my cell phone if I am away from home. I also turn the sync off on my email.

I have had flawless performance from this tablet and still have all my most used apps operational.

I think the "approved" list is a little outdated, so anything that is a newer version of something on the list is probably better. Again, my research indicated that better processor and more RAM means better performance. I still love and swear by my samsung tab s2 32 gigabyte LTE. It works great right out of the box with no weird software modifications.

I bought an extension bracket online when I had a 10.5 tablet and it worked great. My Tab S2 9.7 fits perfect without the extender, with 3 clicks to lock it in.

Last edited:
I tried several Apple devices and have stuck with the mini4 it as bright as a Air 2 and it has plenty of processor power I have the software on my 6s+ phone but rarely use it except if I forget to recharge the mini4 ... I hate Android it a long story....

Someone on this thread suggested a Huawei MediaPad M2. Purchased one and couldn't be happier with its performance. Rock solid video, much fewer disconnections than with an ipad Air2, perfect size at 8 inches and LTE.

Which nexus 7 he first gen or second are you using 2012 edition or 2013 edition?
Sorry for speaking for him, but it will be the 2013. I use one too as a dedicated tablet, and it works beautifully with both Litchi and Go. Just don't upgrade to Marshmallow.

I use a LG G Pad 10.1 V700 with a quad-core snapdragon processor that does a great job but does have a little video lag. It doesn't have a phone or data communications so I tether it to my S5... which also works well with both DJI Go and Litchi.

Hi, I'm using a Sony Xperia Z3 tablet mini. This works perfectly and hasn't let me down after dozens of flights. It has a side power button and so requires me to use the two small legs on the mobile holder and it fits perfectly. Also I've got the power director app on it too so use it for editing my vids.
It's perfect!

Hello to all. After having read this thread (twice) and all other threads related to best tablet/phone to buy, I've reached a point of confusion, maybe over thinking it. It's been 30+ years since I've flown R/C so this is new territory. I've read of some conflicts between certain versions of android and newer firmware updates. Of Apple iOS and hardware I know almost nothing. My budget is limited to about $200. My new, unopened P3A is telling me to make a dm decision.
1. Will a Nexus 7 32 GB (2013) running an older OS version work.
2. Will an Apple iPad mini 2 with telephony (in order to get GPS) work although its not activated with a carrier?
I really want a rig without FPV or reliability problems and would prefer screen larger than 7" but for now reliability is most important. Limited $s.
Thanks for any help.

Reactions: Wacker2611
Hello to all. After having read this thread (twice) and all other threads related to best tablet/phone to buy, I've reached a point of confusion, maybe over thinking it. It's been 30+ years since I've flown R/C so this is new territory. I've read of some conflicts between certain versions of android and newer firmware updates. Of Apple iOS and hardware I know almost nothing. My budget is limited to about $200. My new, unopened P3A is telling me to make a dm decision.
1. Will a Nexus 7 32 GB (2013) running an older OS version work.
2. Will an Apple iPad mini 2 with telephony (in order to get GPS) work although its not activated with a carrier?
I really want a rig without FPV or reliability problems and would prefer screen larger than 7" but for now reliability is most important. Limited $s.
Thanks for any help.
Sorry for going over old ground, but I have experience with an Air2 (generally recognised as the best overall solution) and now my 2013 Nexus.
When I first got my Phantom I used the 'house' iPad air2 for the first few weeks. When out in the field, I was always worried about damaging it,plus other people in the house couldn't use it when I was out. There's no denying though that it was superb. So, I decided to get a dedicated tablet and eventually plumped for the Nexus. It has been almost perfect for the past few months, only crashed when I've been pushing the range envelope a bit, nothing to do with overheating/lack of grunt etc. The screen is superbly bright, which is the single most important thing for me.
I'm running with lollipop 5.1, but I believe that Go will run on older versions too. With an Android, you've also got the advantage of Litchi, which trumps Go on nearly every level.

Reactions: Randle
My Samsung Tab S2 9.7 32GB LTE Android 5.1 works great "right out of the box" for my P3P, without making any significant configuration changes and the screen is bright. (My older Tab 4 works great as a tablet and even to stream video, but just not enough processing power for my P3P. ) My Note 5 works great and it is my everyday phone with lots of junk installed, but I like the bigger screen of my Tab S2.

Regardless, if you like Android or Apple, you want something with plenty of processing power and RAM or you won't be happy with the performance and will eventually be shopping for stronger and better.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl