Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

First things first, I want to offer thanks to everybody who has made my decision much easier than if I had to tried to figure this out on my own.

I have decided to go with the iPad Air 2 Cellular.

My only question pertains to the memory size. There is 16GB, 64GB, 128GB.

I am hoping that the 16GB is enough memory, but wanted to hear from the experts if I should be looking at a 64.

Is there any difference in performance (lag) with the 16GB vs the 64GB?

First things first, I want to offer thanks to everybody who has made my decision much easier than if I had to tried to figure this out on my own.

I have decided to go with the iPad Air 2 Cellular.

My only question pertains to the memory size. There is 16GB, 64GB, 128GB.

I am hoping that the 16GB is enough memory, but wanted to hear from the experts if I should be looking at a 64.

Is there any difference in performance (lag) with the 16GB vs the 64GB?

I decide to get an SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 today,i have an ipad2 mini.
Already tested it,its amazing no lags and samoled screen is realy good to see in bricht daylight.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 - Full tablet specifications

I'm thinking of getting an Acer Iconia Tab 8 which I would only use for flying the Phantom 3 Professional.

Do any of you guys use it with Lollipop?
Does Lollipop work with the DJI GO or there are any problems? I noticed that it says Andriod 5.01 crash issue fixed.

Acer has lots of Iconia tablet models. They all appear to be only quad core (Atom Z3745) and 1.3 GHz - that's on the slow side. Some have only 1 GB and some have 2 GB RAM - all of that is going to impact performance and ultimately satisfaction. Be diligent with your research before you put down your cash.

My Tab S2 9.7 is up to Lollipop 5.1.1 now. Note 5 is too, but haven't used it for P3P since I got my S2. I have NO special mods to roll back anything, pretty much right out of the box - even installed a few extra programs. No issues with DJI Go or Litchi (other that those from operator ignorance on how to use some more advanced features :) )

Can you point me to the thread for recommended setting for android tablets.
I am trying a HP 8 Pro Slate running Lollipop 5.1.1
Excellent screen outdoors yet I have some lag. Trying to see if there are any settings I can adjust

Although a search brings up many suggestions in various threads I can't find a comprehensive list of all suggestions.

That being said I do know of a couple:

* Enter developer mode on the android tablet. ( warning , may pose network security risks )
* Enable debugging
* There is a recommendation to limit background processes to two or less. ( found in developer options )
* Experiment with flying with airplane mode on or off. Some pilots have reported less lag but remember to cache any maps needed.
* As with any device, turn off any running programs in the background
* If your tablet has a small processor and little ram avoid using screen recording apps. ( even quad core processors can be weak sauce lol )
* There has also been reports of issues with certain versions of google play requiring a downgrade. Not sure how accurate that is.

Can anyone else recommend anything for android users? This thread may have other suggestions:
Android video laaaaaag still after update | DJI Phantom Forum

Last edited:
My Tab S2 9.7 is up to Lollipop 5.1.1 now. Note 5 is too, but haven't used it for P3P since I got my S2. I have NO special mods to roll back anything, pretty much right out of the box - even installed a few extra programs. No issues with DJI Go or Litchi (other that those from operator ignorance on how to use some more advanced features :) )
Thank you, but no. For that money I can get an iPad Mini 3 ;)

The Android vs. Apple issue is a whole different discussion (and maybe a different thread). Last I heard, DJI Go works well on IOS and Litchi isn't supported. I, personally, prefer Android and find IOS cumbersome - my wife and daughter love IOS and don't like my Samsungs. :)

The Android vs. Apple issue is a whole different discussion (and maybe a different thread). Last I heard, DJI Go works well on IOS and Litchi isn't supported. I, personally, prefer Android and find IOS cumbersome - my wife and daughter love IOS and don't like my Samsungs. :)
Yeah, I understand that. I currently use Microsoft Surface Pro and I'm not a fan of Google or Apple ;)
But I'm currently thinking of Asus ZenPad S 8.0 Z580C. It looks pretty decent.

Yeah, I understand that. I currently use Microsoft Surface Pro and I'm not a fan of Google or Apple ;)
But I'm currently thinking of Asus ZenPad S 8.0 Z580C. It looks pretty decent.

Really don't think you'll like the Z580c for running DJI go. The slower processor and the 2gb ram may introduce lag, app crashes, and overheating

Really don't think you'll like the Z580c for running DJI go. The slower processor and the 2gb ram may introduce lag, app crashes, and overheating
Did you send back your ASUS ZenPad S 8.0 (Z580CA)? I noticed you purchased it a while ago.

A friend of mine already uses iPad Mini 2 for his Phantom 3 Professional and he is pretty satisfied with it. And since i'm neither in a Google or Apple camp I really don't mind what to get. I just wouldn't like to invest much into this tablet because I plan to use my Microsoft Surface Pro X for the rest of my work.

Last edited:
Did you send back your ASUS ZenPad S 8.0 (Z580CA)? I noticed you purchased it a while ago.

A friend of mine already uses iPad Mini 2 for his Phantom 3 Professional and he is pretty satisfied with it. And since i'm neither in a Google or Apple camp I really don't mind what to get. I just wouldn't like to invest much into this tablet because I plan to use my Microsoft Surface Pro X for the rest of my work.
No I ordered it over a month ago and recently received it since it was on back order. I've only done basic tests with stock settings comparing my results with my current iPad Air 2 cellular. I just haven't had a lot of time until now to really test it. I'm also going to post a video review. I'll try to test it more today with recommended settings.

No I ordered it over a month ago and recently received it since it was on back order. I've only done basic tests with stock settings comparing my results with my current iPad Air 2 cellular. I just haven't had a lot of time until now to really test it. I'm also going to post a video review. I'll try to test it more today with recommended settings.
Oh I see. I'll go for iPad mini 2 now. That's my final decision. Just saw the other guy I mentioned before flying his P3P with iPad mini 2 about half an hour ago. It was flawless. I don't think I need any more than that.

I don't think anything less than iPhone 5s will run the app.

Anything less than iphone 6 is too small for FPV anyway.

Nvidea Shield is my dedicated device. Sorry Apple people, I got my P3P on May 4. The DJI Pilot app. was available for android not IOS.

Nvidea also has HDMI out, so no need for the optional tx.board.
So how do you like the shield with using your drone? What are the pros and cons to using it...daylight capabilities as well.

ASUS ZenPad S 8.0 (Z580CA)
i have one of these and it is working just fine.

So how do you like the shield with using your drone? What are the pros and cons to using it...daylight capabilities as well.
I like the Shield a lot. I use a Supershieldz matte screen protecter which helps, I can see the screen clearly in the shade, but in full sun it's difficult, even with a sunshade. I use a Hoodi sunshade that works okay, but if I'm flying in direct sun, I plug my goggles (Cinemizers) into the Shield for the best viewing with full telemetry. (Mini HDMI)

The built-in stereo speakers deserve mention as well as the built-in sd card slot. I can't think of any cons really.;)

I like the Shield a lot. I use a Supershieldz matte screen protecter which helps, I can see the screen clearly in the shade, but in full sun it's difficult, even with a sunshade. I use a Hoodi sunshade that works okay, but if I'm flying in direct sun, I plug my goggles (Cinemizers) into the Shield for the best viewing with full telemetry. (Mini HDMI)

The built-in stereo speakers deserve mention as well as the built-in sd card slot. I can't think of any cons really.;)
Hmmm...that brightness is important. I guess I could get goggles...but sometimes I actually need to see the drone for what I do. I like to look out for bird strikes...have a lot around us...haha

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl