Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

You can find deals though just scored a mini 2 64gb LTE about a month ago for 240, sure there will be mini 3 deals everywhere now that it's discontinued. Might pick up an air 2 just to see difference as air 1 only gave me bigger screen but no heat of viewing improvements over mini 2
The Air 2 screen is fantastic for glare reduction. Once you try it, you'll wonder why you waited.

Reactions: jcknows0
Darn, I just found out my mom was switching away from her cellular ipad 2 but its not supported by GO or autoflight :-( I could of gotten a **** good deal on it.

I bought an ipad mini 3 last week for $309, then I found am ipad air 2 wifi+cellular 64 GB with a bad ESN for $300 on ebay. I won't be using the cellular feature on it anyways so the bad ESN doesn't matter. I can connect to my phone's hotspot if I need Internet on the air 2.
Returning the ipad mini 3

Took my Phantom 3 Advanced out with my Galaxy Tab S2 and it was amazing. ..some minor lag in the streaming footage but not much. ...happy buyer here :)

I have a Galaxy S5 running android of course. It is brilliant with the DJI GO app no problems at all. Very very slight jerkiness to video feed.
I find the screen no very good in bright light but then everything else I have seen is just the same! Going to try the Note5 next for a slightly bigger screen.

Thinking about buying a new ipad mini 4 WiFi only.
Why not a iPad mini 2 ? Because I want the anti glare screen.
what will I be missing not having gps on the tablet?

The Nexus 8 maybe shown Sept 29th the Tablet may have some nice specs, everything is rumor right now,
but seeing it is only 12 days from this post you mite want to hold on pulling any triggers yet.
Again if your a Nexus 7 fan this is something we've been hoping for.
I don't know what I would do without My N7 2013 32GB.
Android Marshmallow Yum :)

Anyone here purchase the ASUS ZenPad S 8.0 (Z580CA) from B&H? Was wondering if anyone has gotten and tested it yet? Received an email saying it was still out of stock after ordering it a while ago

How about the absolutely BEST android tablet that can run AutoPilot perfectly? I'm about to buy a few different makes to test, but I'd rather buy the best three (as in the video). I have a bad elf 2300 that I could use with it if needed.

Thinking about buying a new ipad mini 4 WiFi only.
Why not a iPad mini 2 ? Because I want the anti glare screen.
what will I be missing not having gps on the tablet?
The latest functions will not work without GPS. I tried with an Ipad Mini 2 NON CELLULAR and the Quad just sits there hovering

DJI GOs POI will work without cellular/GPS, but DJI GOs Follow Me will not work.
I have just changed to a CELLULAR Ipad mini 2 and "follow me " does not work. It just says invalid instruction try again. When tried with a Samsung Android phone which is connected to a network follow me works fine. I am worried that you have to have network connected Ipad 2 for follow me to work. As you say POI will work with a NON CELLULAR Ipad min 2 but will not work Waypoints and follow me . .

So it sounds like if you want all the features of the Go App you not only need GPS but also be connected to cellular network?

I wish DJI would publish which features work and don't work on different devices

Here is what Autopilot said for their app.
  1. Wifi-only iPads and iPod Touches do not have GPS, so certain features such as Follow Mode may be degraded or unavailable. It is also possible to add GPS to these devices using a third-party bluetooth GPS receiver, such as the Dual Electronics XGPS150A. Our testing shows the XGPS150A to have a 200+ ft range. Cellular models contain a GPS receiver, and the GPS will function without a data plan.
  2. The iPad Mini 3 does not have a barometer, so the iPad Air 2 is preferrable.
  3. The Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 both require a direct connection to the iOS device, which requires MFi program approval from Apple. DJI has only obtained approval for newer iOS devices.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
So it sounds like if you want all the features of the Go App you not only need GPS but also be connected to cellular network?

I wish DJI would publish which features work and don't work on different devices
I have just tried the latest apps with my IPad MINI 2 CELLULAR with NO network connected SIM CARD in it. All three latest apps POI, Follow Me, and Way points work perfectly

DJI has a list of devices they recommend be used with the DJI GO/Pilot app at the bottom of the following page:
Phantom 3 Professional & Advanced - Specs | DJI

There are no doubt many more devices that work well though. Please help me put together a more complete list by adding the devices that work well for you. I'll update this list as people add responses below.

Apple:
iPhone 5s (4 inches)
iPhone 6 (4.7 inches)
iPhone 6 Plus (5.5 inches)
iPad Air (9.7 inches)
iPad Air 2 (10 inches)
iPad Mini 2 (7.9 inches)
iPad Mini 3 (7.9 inches)

Note: Both Wi-Fi only and cellular iPad models are compatible. Only cellular models have GPS. You do not have to enable the cell service in order to use the GPS.

Android:
Acer Iconia Tab (8-10.1 inches)
Google Nexus 5 (5 inches)
Google Nexus 7 [2013] (7 inches)
Google Nexus 9 (8.9 inches)
HTC One (4.7 inches)
Lenovo A3500 (7 inches)
Lenovo Tab S8-50 (8 inches)
Nubia Z7 Mini (5 inches)
Nvidia Shield (8 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (5.7 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (5.6 inches)
Samsung Galaxy S4 (5 inches)
Samsung Galaxy S5 (5.1 inches)
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (5.1 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite (7 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (7 inches)
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro (8.4-12.2 inches)
Sony Xperia Z2 (5.2 inches)
Sony Xperia Z3 (5.2 inches)

I've got a samsung s4 but I use it as my phone how much free space will I need to be able to use it for the P3A, ? I've managed to download the DJI GO onto it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18