Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

I originally used the galaxy note 4 without issue. Just bought iPad mini 2 and realised that the wifi only one doesn't have gps. Going to try sell it and get the 3/4g one

Remember that we are going to see some new Androids this month hitting the Market soon. and I think Apple does something today.

Remember that we are going to see some new Androids this month hitting the Market soon. and I think Apple does something today.

Yeah Apple should be announcing the new iPhone 6S, iPad pro, and iPad mini 4 today

I'm holding off a tad to see what the mini 4 will offer over the 3. Right now I can spend marriott points and get a free mini 3 64 gb with cellular with my points.

I was hoping the new firmware would take care of the lag and problems with my Samsung Tab Pro 8.4, but nope. After 3 months of hell, I picked up an iPad 4G Mini 2 with dents and scratches lol, for $200 on ebay. OMG, what a difference! I'll be listing my android tablet on ebay today if anyone wants this piece of ****.

I was hoping the new firmware would take care of the lag and problems with my Samsung Tab Pro 8.4, but nope. After 3 months of hell, I picked up an iPad 4G Mini 2 with dents and scratches lol, for $200 on ebay. OMG, what a difference! I'll be listing my android tablet on ebay today if anyone wants this piece of ****.

hmm that sounds like a great way to advertise it lol

Next week I will receive Oneplus 2 phone as a gift for my son ...
Anybody tested DJI Go on it ??? .. he would play with the P3A ...

I have a new Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 (Wifi) I think it has GPS I'm curious if I should have went with the cellular model

I have a new Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 (Wifi) I think it has GPS I'm curious if I should have went with the cellular model
Every Android device on the planet (except for maybe 1 I think i read about somewhere) has GPS. Apple junk is the stuff where cellular matters for GPS.

Every Android device on the planet (except for maybe 1 I think i read about somewhere) has GPS. Apple junk is the stuff where cellular matters for GPS.
Great ...Can't wait to set it up (First Time Phantom Pilot)

Reactions: bbfpv
Does an air (full sized iPad) pit in the cradle, isn't it to heavy also? (I'm using a mini 2)
Yes, the Air and Air 2 fit in the holder, but only with one or two clicks left to lock it in. I chose to buy an Inspire mount which feels much more solid, but the fit is the same.

The Air is about 4.5 ounces heavier than the Mini 2. The Air 2 about 3.5 ounces heavier.

I bought a Mini 2 for dedicated P3 use, but quickly switched to a dedicated Air 2. The Mini 2 instantly became a mirror when I walked outside and it also would lag big time in the local heat. The Air 2 screen is FAR easier to see outside. So much so that I no longer use a sunshade which I didn't like to lug around anyway. The Air 2 has never lagged for me. Also, I don't really notice the extra 3.5 ounces the Air 2 adds (compared to the Mini 2) when on the RC and the added screen size is pretty sweet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Mauk
Thought i would pitch this in...
If your an Apple person you should already know this, The price is not too bad for new... and the Mini 2 sounds like it's going to get cheaper. I myself am waiting for the Nexus line news.

Apple also announced a new iPad mini 4 for $399. The 7.9-inch tablet features the same processing power as the larger iPad Air 2, the company said. Its release pushes down the price of the iPad mini 2, which is now selling for $269.

Last edited:
Debating between the iPad Mini 4 and iPad Pro to use with my new P3. I'm thinking the Pro may be a little too big/ heavy, although it would be amazing to fly on a 12.9" screen.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
Thought i would pitch this in...

Apple also announced a new iPad mini 4 for $399. The 7.9-inch tablet features the same processing power as the larger iPad Air 2, the company said. Its release pushes down the price of the iPad mini 2, which is now selling for $269.

Unfortunately, that $269 price is for the Wi-Fi version, not the cellular...and, once again, the Wi-Fi version doesn't have GPS. For only $30-40 more, you can find brand-new cellular-connected iPad Mini 2 tablets on Amazon. I picked up mine about two weeks ago, paying only $305, and it was brand-new, never opened, never registered. A couple days after it arrived, I headed over to one of my local Apple stores (in Silicon Valley, there are, unfortunately, lots of them...and I'm NOT a fan of Apple...quite the opposite), with iPad Mini 2 in-hand, and paid the $99 for AppleCare.

Unfortunately, that $269 price is for the Wi-Fi version, not the cellular...and, once again, the Wi-Fi version doesn't have GPS. For only $30-40 more, you can find brand-new cellular-connected iPad Mini 2 tablets on Amazon. I picked up mine about two weeks ago, paying only $305, and it was brand-new, never opened, never registered. A couple days after it arrived, I headed over to one of my local Apple stores (in Silicon Valley, there are, unfortunately, lots of them...and I'm NOT a fan of Apple...quite the opposite), with iPad Mini 2 in-hand, and paid the $99 for AppleCare.
You can find deals though just scored a mini 2 64gb LTE about a month ago for 240, sure there will be mini 3 deals everywhere now that it's discontinued. Might pick up an air 2 just to see difference as air 1 only gave me bigger screen but no heat of viewing improvements over mini 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94