Tablet screen anti glare protectors

Reaction score
I still have yet to hear of a tablet that works decent in sunlight. I have a home made sun screen already but really don't help much. I do see a reflection of my face just about as good as the dji display. My question to those that have used/tried anti glare screen shields do they help. I'm currently using a nextbook8 from Wal-Mart. Also is there any way to find out what the screen brightness is on this tablet so I can compare it to others ? I can't seem to locate a number.

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
I still have yet to hear of a tablet that works decent in sunlight. I have a home made sun screen already but really don't help much. I do see a reflection of my face just about as good as the dji display. My question to those that have used/tried anti glare screen shields do they help. I'm currently using a nextbook8 from Wal-Mart.

I use one on my nexus. Yes it helps alot but the vibrancy is taken from the screen so its not as bright.also,mine anyway,makes the screen not as smooth as a normal protector but it doesnt bother me one bit,i still use it. But youll still need your sun screen aswell

Sent from my SM-A500FU using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have found applied anti-glare screens to be pretty useless, and most sun shades will be as well IMO. After some experimenting, I found the only way to eliminate face reflection is to play with the length and angle of the sun shade "roof" so that the underside of the roof is reflected back at you -- not one's face. That is.. if you make your own. Most retail sun shades are at a 90 degree angle to the screen, which is the problem.

Attachments

• hood_angle.jpg
    hood_angle.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 473
Reactions: kndll
I have noticed the same things as you with the tablets. I had bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4, thinking that gorgeous ultra super 2460 x 1600 display would be the bomb. And it is. It is not bright enough and I gave up on it.

I read an article online when I was investigating this which had the 'nit' measurements of popular devices both phones and tablets. It may have been Consumer Reports but I don't remember. But look around, the info is out there. The secret code word to look for is nits, the common unit of measure of how much light the backlight produces.

The only product that I have found to work is the Hoodman sunshade with extender

As a professional photographer who used to use a plate film camera I am here to tell you that NOTHING will get rid of reflections on a glass surface in sunlight except a hood over your head. I have yet to work out something to use with my iPad that doesnt look totally ridiculous!. Luckily i am a landscape photographer so usually there is noone around to see me!

I still have yet to hear of a tablet that works decent in sunlight. I have a home made sun screen already but really don't help much. I do see a reflection of my face just about as good as the dji display. My question to those that have used/tried anti glare screen shields do they help. I'm currently using a nextbook8 from Wal-Mart. Also is there any way to find out what the screen brightness is on this tablet so I can compare it to others ? I can't seem to locate a number.

You could use a umbrella,,,they work awsome:)

Agreed, sun shades only work if they reflect the inside top part of the shade. Maybe a 45 degree angle between the top of the shade and the tablet screen? A foam standoff behind the tablet holder could work, that's what I use with my DIY cardboard sun shade.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan