Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Tablet question

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by xbrute, Mar 8, 2016.

1. xbrute

Hey guys thinking of upgrading to P3A. Im going to use my ipad but its just wifi not cellular.. Will that be a issue using the DJI app or any other apps. Sorry for the newb question.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. Oso

Oso

You can still fly perfectly well with a wifi only iPad as long as it's new (powerful) enough. Read this one post for more info on a few things you can and can't do.

Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

#2 Oso, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    JoBe likes this.
  3. Private dancer

I did hear on utube certain tablets do well and some suck!!! I think as long as it's an S5 and up it's good to go!!!... Plus the advance has a far better satellite setup than p3s, including distance!!! All else fails, get a cheap WINDSURFER extender for$8 on any major retailer online,i have one and get 300 more meters on my p3s

4. msinger

Approved Vendor

You'll need at least an iPad Mini 2 or iPad Air. You can find a list of recommended devices here.

5. Air Ontario

A great working AND viewable tablet/phone is essential for processor speed, quality views and realtime feedback.

You don't want to cheap out on a screen only to have the "hood fly up" in the middle of a flight and at a critical time leaving you blind and with no idea what's happening or what to do.

6. jpd

jpd

With just wifi I believe you will not get a gps signal thought but I'm not sure if that's important to you, that's why I went and got one with cell service, I also read that you can buy a jail broken one that has the cell option and not turn on the cell service and it will still transmit the gps signal but I've don't a lot of ready I never know what's right or wrong anymore lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

7. msinger

Approved Vendor

The Phantom will still have a GPS signal. The DJI GO app currently only requires GPS from the mobile device when using the Follow Me feature or to reset the home point to your current location if you've moved elsewhere after taking off.

JoBe likes this.
  8. jpd

jpd

I knew there were some features that needed it thank you for the correction. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app